cooking thread...

Here you go,Rick

1 can corn or the kernels from 4 grilled corn on cob.(the grilled corn with some char is best)

1 sliced red onion

1 chopped red pepper

1/4 cup lime juice

2 tbsp oil (I use olive)

crumbled feta cheese to taste

1/4 cup cilantro leaves (I don't like cilantro,so I use parsley)

Salt & pepper.

That's all,simple but very good.

I like to add a chopped up jalopeno

Here you go,Rick

1 can corn or the kernels from 4 grilled corn on cob.(the grilled corn with some char is best)

1 sliced red onion

1 chopped red pepper

1/4 cup lime juice

2 tbsp oil (I use olive)

Salt & pepper.

I like the sounds of that and it looks great. Must try, thanks.

Here you go,Rick

1 sliced red onion

1 chopped red pepper

1/4 cup lime juice

2 tbsp oil (I use olive)

Salt & pepper.

Yeah thats real simple but looks like an awesome sidedish!!!

Your the man!

I got a PM the other day requesting this simple recipe for asparagus and Prosciutto.

Marinate the asparagus in the following, for at least two hours, refrigeration not required. I like to use a zip lock bag to hold everything.

-about a pound of asparagus, washed and dried off

-1/2 cup of olive oil

-1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar

-a table spoon of both kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper

-sweet red pepper cut to roughly the same diameter as your asparagus spears

-as much chopped garlic as you like

Combine these ingredients and let sit for at least two hours.

(I sometimes will also add a firm, smoked cheese, again, cut into spears, the same size as the asparagus.) You do not need to marinate the cheese!

Roll three or four asparagus spears (depending on how big they are) with a spear of the pepper and a spear of the cheese in one slice of prosciutto, ensuring that if you are using cheese, that the cheese is in the middle of the roll. Hold it all together with a tooth pic.

Grill the "rollie" at med to high heat, until the prosciutto browns and the cheese is starting to melt. I sometimes will add a cherry tomato onto the ends of the tooth pic to make it look nicer!

I would advise anyone who makes this, to make more than you think you will need as I have NOT had anyone who has tried this, not request more!

Funny story here about this recipe... it was my first ever Quinte GTG with OFNer's and I was sharing a cottage with FishnSled. I made these rollies, along with a steak and some potatoes and FnS just loved it! Next door, Terry, Wayne and I think Dano were sharing a cottage and since I had many left overs, I thought I would offer them to the boys. They loved them as well and I came to learn that Leah had been trying for years to get Wayne to eat asparagus, to no avail.

The first time I met Leah, she congratulated me for getting Wayne to eat it... and I think he really did like it!

Enjoy.... sorry, I don't have a pic for you, but I think some others who I have shared this recipe with in the past, might have some pics!

HH

I got a PM the other day requesting this simple recipe for asparagus and Prosciutto.

Marinate the asparagus in the following, for at least two hours, refrigeration not required. I like to use a zip lock bag to hold everything.

-1/2 cup of olive oil

(I sometimes will also add a firm, smoked cheese, again, cut into spears, the same size as the asparagus.) You do not need to marinate the cheese!

Roll three or four asparagus spears (depending on how big they are) with a spear of the pepper and a spear of the cheese in one slice of prosciutto, ensuring that if you are using cheese, that the cheese is in the middle of the roll. Hold it all together with a tooth pic.

Grill the "rollie" at med to high heat, until the prosciutto browns and the cheese is starting to melt. I sometimes will add a cherry tomato onto the ends of the tooth pic to make it look nicer!

I would advise anyone who makes this, to make more than you think you will need as I have NOT had anyone who has tried this, not request more!

Funny story here about this recipe... it was my first ever Quinte GTG with OFNer's and I was sharing a cottage with FishnSled. I made these rollies, along with a steak and some potatoes and FnS just loved it! Next door, Terry, Wayne and I think Dano were sharing a cottage and since I had many left overs, I thought I would offer them to the boys. They loved them as well and I came to learn that Leah had been trying for years to get Wayne to eat asparagus, to no avail.

The first time I met Leah, she congratulated me for getting Wayne to eat it... and I think he really did like it!

Enjoy.... sorry, I don't have a pic for you, but I think some others who I have shared this recipe with in the past, might have some pics!

HH

I've had the privilege of enjoying this thanks to HH. I was skeptical as I've never enjoyed asparagus.

Well that's all behind me now, thanks for sharing the secret to awesome asparagus Bud.

I'm gonna print this off and save it.

Oh and here's where I'm at re: tonigh'ts dinner.

....Tossed salad is made
....Baked potatoes seasoned and ready to go
....Rib eyes are seasoned
....Onions and mushrooms sliced up for sauteing (steak toppings)
....12 escargot, also ready
....Garlic toast will only take a few minutes

All I need now is to build up an appetite.

....Tossed salad is made

Spiel,,,,,,,there are many of us who already have an appetite lol sounds great enjoy

-1/2 cup of olive oil

HH

HH

Tried the recipe the same day we received your recipe, didn't like it,,,,,,,,,WE LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Made 6 bundles of 5. Thought there would be a couple to go with a salad the next day,,,,,,,NOTTA CHANCE

My wife and I woofed them down first, then the steak,,,,,,,the potatoes were left overs for the next day

My wife had never had prosciutto before,,havin it again tonight

Cheers John

....Tossed salad is made

Ive already told you how I feel about you on facebook???

Spiel is THE MAN

-1/2 cup of olive oil

HH

I nearly gagged when HH said he brought asparagus that day, couldn't stand the stuff. Who knew that meat makes any veggie taste so good. I've made this several times over the years now, sometimes I just marinate the asparagus and grill it on it's own. Good eats!

Well it was delish.
The garlic butter from the escargot was drizzled over the salad.
Garlic on the steak, the toast, the sauteed mushroom/onions and the overly buttered garlic potatoes.... Good job I'm here alone..... *burp*

Tomorrows dinner a carbon copy, only the steak needs to be grilled (2 minutes a side at 700*), the rest will be leftovers.

My apologies for the chipped plates, I am a bachelor. ;)

TGS5Tfp.jpg

Y1UoLHm.jpg

Well it was delish.

The garlic butter from the escargot was drizzled over the salad.

Garlic on the steak, the toast, the sauteed mushroom/onions and the overly buttered garlic potatoes.... Good job I'm here alone..... *burp*

Tomorrows dinner a carbon copy, only the steak needs to be grilled (2 minutes a side at 700*), the rest will be leftovers.

My apologies for the chipped plates, I am a bachelor. ;)

TGS5Tfp.jpg

Y1UoLHm.jpg

Spiel, your either with me or against me.

Will you marry me? ????

I promise to do the chipped dishes everyday

Seriously thought that looks fantastic!

Edited by manitoubass2

-1/2 cup of olive oil

HH

this one is going to the top of the list for this weekend :clapping:

Told ya I got a new BBG RIGHT,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Time to play with my food.

Rolled banquet burger is what I call it.

Make yer meat as you would for home made bugers. Lay it out flat, fill it,rollit up like a yole log, then wrap it. In the fridge for a few hours to set, then it,s going on for some indirect heat at 250 for 3 hours or so.

cooking%20001_zpsuew9k3oo.jpg

cooking%20002_zpsd2xgga8m.jpg

cooking%20003_zpsfd10xcc8.jpg

cooking%20005_zpscxymdwrc.jpg

I,ll post end results later.

Edited by Brian B

LOL Chris

Sliced in 1" slices, it,s no differnt then a burger off the grill. :canadian:

If I had a smoker, it would only add to the great beast.

Rick, I use to post alot of meals I made. I love cooking and trying different things. Just getting back my mojo sorta speak.

Edited by Brian B

Thanks John

Oh too bad we never met before your leaving to gods country.

I used Havarrti and yes it,s spinach.

Once it was cooked through, I needed to cook/crisp the bottom layer of bacon.

Pics tell the rest of the story. Baked taters and a ceasers salad.

cooking%20007_zpsegnwazvr.jpg

cooking%20008_zpsdmhkdikt.jpg

cooking%20009_zpsfgdqkxh0.jpg

cooking%20010_zpsfwi1hui9.jpg

Suddenly I'm not looking forward to another Rib Eye Steak dinner like I was a few minutes ago.

Does that mean you like? LOL

not what you thought as far as ,,,,,,,,,,,what did you say,,,,,,,arteries hardening . LOL

Edited by Brian B