cooking thread...

We've had one of those electric roasters for a number of years; works great when you're cooking for large groups. We take it every year on our fishing trips up to the Montreal river. My sister makes killer cabbage rolls and she fills the roaster oven with them for us. We'd turn it on, on its lowest setting in the morning; add a couple cups of tomato juice for added moister and let them slowly heat up. By supper time they're steaming hot waiting for us to dive in. Mind you all that cabbage and 6 -8 guys isn't the best of ideas; but we suffer through it :huh::devil:

Dan.

Lucas those ribs look amazing

and Dan D the thought of those steaming hot cabbage rolls are keeping us mentally warm lol,,furnace broke down last night at 6 and the guy wont be able to look at it till 9 tonight, just a tad cold inside, current temp -13

more hot recipie pics please lol

I can't wait to start putting up pics again on a new puter. I've been a whirling dervish in the kitchen the past 2 weeks with all the harvesting going on. This past weekend I did up 4 different batches of stuffed peppers. Poppers in the smoker for Saturday. Hors d'ouvre mini peppers stuffed with 4 different cheese blends. White and purple bells stuffed with chicken or beef. Plus my newest fave, stuffed poblanos. I also processed another 1/2 bushel of bells, 1/2 bushel of maters, and a 1/4 bushel of habaneros for the freezer.

Frost now has killed off the field peppers, but I still have lots of hots and mini bells in the cold frame to harvest over the next couple of weeks.

Tonight I am finishing off a wicked hot batch of salsa that I only do once a year.

Almost forgot. Got myself a 1/2 pig through freshtrax delivered last week. Some real good quality meat there. I put 2 different styles of sausage in my smoker to try out. let me tell you I was not disappointed. The farmer's and honey garlic styles were quite tasy. Nice big fat links too. I don't think I ordered enough sausage!!

Edited by bigugli

bigugli , I have 3 questions for u

1,,,,,what are poppers

2,,,,,what are stuffed poblanos

3,,,,,do u want to adopt us

I will do yard work and my wife will do dishes,,she does not know that yet lol, but we will eat well :tease:

Seriously those sausage sound like a big success

cheers

1,,,,,what are poppers

I will do yard work and my wife will do dishes,,she does not know that yet lol, but we will eat well :tease:

cheers

Sorry but I have first dibs! :whistling:

1,,,,,what are poppers

cheers

1... poppers are stuffed jalapenos or cherry bombs. Nice bite sized snacks from the smoker.

2... poblanos are a mild hot pepper and a staple in Mexican cooking. Stuff them any way you would a bell pepper. Personally I like a meat, rice, veggie, and salsa mix.

3...house is already getting pretty cozy with our children, their significant others and 3, soon to be 4, grandchildren. What the heck, we can always knock out a wall or two :P

Looks awesome! Now we just need some pictures from Gerritt reporting back how my rib recipe turned out! Haha.

Do you ever add cholula to your chili? I know back a few posts you said heat is no biggie, but I put cholula on basically any Mexican ish food, the flavour plus a little kick is amazing

Looks awesome! Now we just need some pictures from Gerritt reporting back how my rib recipe turned out! Haha.

Do you ever add cholula to your chili? I know back a few posts you said heat is no biggie, but I put cholula on basically any Mexican ish food, the flavour plus a little kick is amazing

Lol

No I dont really add any heat because of my kiddos are still just getting introduced to it. So if they want they just add a lil franks red hot. A few like it a few dont

If it was solely for me id be making it as hot as possible?