Ice season opener report

icefisherman

Well it is this time of the year again....white fish have been asking for me so I obliged and went to check them out. They didn't disappoint...what a kick start of the season....9/16 final score...a bit rusty but by next time should increase the icing ratio ;-)

Good old Meegs lures did the trick as always...Amazing how fast I got surrounded by others....can't figure out how people find out so quickly I am catching fish and with no hesitation pile up on top of me....waooo....

We had dog with us today as seen on some of the pictures but some people noses worked better than the dog's ha ha ha.

Anyhow, season started on the right foot...fresh whities for dinner...how could one ask for more.

About 5" of good ice under us. Some spots by the shore was 2" though...so not ready for machines yet.

Few shots for your viewing pleasure:

20150112_104004_resized_zps2745ef20.jpg

20150112_113132_resized_zpsfb0dcb56.jpg

20150112_122447_resized_zpsebdc3916.jpg

20150112_115005_resized_zpsd8206ab5.jpg

20150112_115007_resized_zps1ba6be15.jpg

20150112_114142_resized_zps77cd691d.jpg

20150112_122508_resized_zps08d09a08.jpg

20150112_121502_resized_zps0e0a8ff7.jpg

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

Edited by icefisherman

What an awesome way to start our season!! Thanks for the invite last night Emil, always a fun time fishing with you :)

I think Rylee (my dog in the pic) is going to sleep for three days after all that exercise! lol

We'll do it again in a few days buddy, see you soon!

NAW,

I do have few Williams spoons in my tackle box but have not used them at all for the pat couple years. Only use them when I cannot get them on the Meegs. And I usually do get them on Meegs. Much more pleasant and faster way to fish. Once one figure the jigging action of the Meegs no need to bother with the Williams.

Let me know if you need I can hook you up with James himself the maker of those lures. He just did a large batch...drying out as I write this. Shouldn't be a problem to get some directly from him.

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman