Got a couple days on the ice

Locnar

I ventured up to Hornepayne and stayed with my brother for about a week. I got out on a couple trout lakes and unfortunately for my brother, the days that fish were caught... were the ones where he had to work haha. The walks in and out were pretty rough on these lakes, plowing through 2 ft of snow, up and down hills and through downed trees.

The splake lake006MX3B.jpg

The splake

CnmMkAD.jpg

The hill, the picture doesn't do it justice.

4IuCmE5.jpg

Rainbow lake

PgDKe7J.jpg

Another

n4SrS10.jpg

Couple for the table

6bMvzt7.jpg

The wolves liked checking out my spots, on both lakes everytime I went back there was tracks. At this site, there must have been about 5 or 6.

wxOMgkG.jpg

We also went to the Sault, and snapped this photo of Lake Superior

e2R6C8W.jpg

It was friggin nice to step onto some ice and land some fish, now to wait for southern ontario to freeze up... doesn't look promising with this weather.

Edited by Locnar

There was about 7 inches of ice under a foot of snow. I'm thinking about driving up to the gooderham region to scout out some areas for the upcoming season. Maybe take a look at a river that's supposed to have browns in it... wonder if they're still in there and biting.

TDunn, yeah those lakes were north of Nagagamisis. The rainbow lake was just north of it, and the splake lake was closer to HWY 11. I'll let you know if I'm heading back up.

Rainbows through the ice was a blast, wasn't expecting that size either. I was expecting more the size of the splake, but then it ran and just zipped a ton of line out. There was a couple that snapped my line pretty easily.