Kid friendly ice fishing operators on Lake Simcoe?

fishnguy

Hi all

I want to take my 5 yr old ice fishing in January. Simcoe is relatively close. Can anyone recommend a good kid-friendly outfit? By kid-friendly, I mean ideally they transport you to and from the hut in some sort of covered or heated sled, maintain good huts, and have a good reputation overall.

I'm not picky. Perch or whitefish/trout would be fun. He'd probably prefer perch I suppose.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Terry Goy. Out of Gilford.

Any time I want to introduce anyone to ice fishing, I always rent a but off of him. He puts you on top of more perch you could ever want, drives you out in a concealed sled and gives you an abundance of minnows. And if you need to head in early, you just give him a ring and he's out in 15 minutes.

Your son will love it.

Ya, I second Terry Goy out of Gilford. He's a great Op and is usually on fish, so the kids will be kept busy.

On the other side of the lake, Floyd Hale out of Beaverton has a great operation going, with burner elements in his huts, so you can cook up your catch right there if you're so inclinde.

Have fun!

Edited by Mike Pike

Jerry of Pefferlaw Fish Huts down at the bottom of Holmes Point Road (where the motel is)...nice dining room for breakfast, Jerry would bring us out great hamburgers and pop for lunch and check up on us to see if we were on fish...depending on how busy he was, he would move us to another hut if we weren't catching...

Tim Hales if you're looking at the east side of the lake.

Good huts, well maintained equipment & well run operation.

Interesting old Simcoe fishing gear in the office.

Maybe less numbers of perch than Cooks Bay but bigger average size.

This..^...he even has covers for his holes, with smaller 8" holes cut out so the kids don't fall through. Great guy, great equipment, and the perchin is usually good too.

S.