Below freezing fishing lines?

mike rousseau

That's what got shredded...

Maybe it was just too old

Really? Wow, you sure it wasn't Nanofil? LOL! I've had Fireline shred, but not to the point of it ever breaking. Even with loads of ice in my guides.

Edited by BillM

I run this on both my ice rods and centre pin now. It's been good to me

Siglon Flourescent in the bright pink - it sure is easy to see ice fishing. It picks up less water running through the guides. My reels that had nanofil and crystal braid on them pulled up more water through the guides that would freeze. I'll still fish braid first when weather allows

The meaning of life is an easy question, it's Happiness and love. Just so happens fishing makes me happy and I love to do it ahahahahaha - so perhaps the meaning of life is indeed fishing, you guys are onto something. I dont know why I took philosophy courses in school, I should have just come here ahahahaha :P but in all seriousness:

I used the Sufix 832 last year on the ice because I had a bunch of good line that came off my open jigging rods and I wasn't keen on throwing it all away, I have big guides on my ice rods, but still the braid froze so easily - I am curious in your opinions, are there any winter superlines/braids that are similar to the Sufix 832 and good at stopping or at least reducing the ice build up on the line? (there will be ice some on my guides and lines I understand, sometimes there's not much i can do about that in -30 temps lol). Now the line never broke or frayed because of the cold water, I suppose I am more just curious to see if there is any good braids that would reduce the ice build up and are like the sufix? It is by far my favorite line for jigging at the moment and i like to keep things the same for the most part ahaha :P Thanks

- Chris

Edited by c10

Suffix 832 is garbage when it's warm out, god I hate that stuff. I can't even imagine using it on the ice. I'd probably try to stick my head in the hole and drown myself if that was the only line available.

promise? lol j/k bill

I liked it when it first came out(softwater),but quickly went back to PP

aha sorry Bill, sounds like I brought up some bad memories ahaha. I have had good luck with it fishing for walleye's and pike in logs throughout the year - have never had any issues with the heat personally but meh, it may be time to try a new one as i have heard lots of guys say the same...

Do you spool the flouro directly to your spool? I have generally only used it for leaders or cheaters.

-Chris

Blakemore Reel Majic

I use it steelheading and ice fishing. I spray my float and then do 12-15 ft above the float by spray on a clean rag, then spray all guides and then your spool.

If you read the bottle it says resists ice, it also keeps your line floating and soft,

Even if you get some ice it remove much easier.

Yea, but is that stuff safe for the environment? I would rather just deal with the ice build up then put more toxic chemicals in the water where i would want to take my grandkids fishing ahaha

-Chris

http://www.ttiblakemore.com/pdf/50906-msds-%2380wvocexmptprop.pdf

doesn't seem too bad

That's another good thing about Reel Magic . Odorless and non toxic.

It's primary use is in the Veg/Fruit packaging industry. Guides and rollers are sprayed with this product making them slippery stopping bruising. It's silicone base but don't use the spray from CT that's oil base.