Thumbs Up for Rapala

James77

I've been buying Rapala lures almost exclusively for many years, this is the first time I've ever had an issue.

I had quite a few lips break off my Flat Rap 10 lures, I contacted Rapala, mailed them the lures and this arrived at my work today!

Couldn't be happier, glad to see they stand behind their products.

James

I had the same great service from Rapala Canada just 5 or 6 weeks ago! Within a dozen casts bass fishing on GBay, I broke a treble on a Skitter Walk and a lip on a Scatter Rap. Both brand new, first use. Contacted them through their FB page and in 2 weeks I received two replacement lures, a hat, lipless crank keychain and about a dozen stickers!! Wonderful people to deal with, thumbs up for sure :-D

they are starting to be like okuma.

garbage gear but customer service is good.

if 1/20th of the customers have a problem, take care of them....

but overall, reduce the quality and hope 19/20th of their customers are only couch fisherman.

outside of their original j9's, j11's, and j13's, i've moved away from Rapala.

It appears all are happy on this thread that their rapala garbage was replaced, but no one questions about whey the product is garbage in the first place?

they are starting to be like okuma.

garbage gear but customer service is good.

if 1/20th of the customers have a problem, take care of them....

but overall, reduce the quality and hope 19/20th of their customers are only couch fisherman.

outside of their original j9's, j11's, and j13's, i've moved away from Rapala.

It appears all are happy on this thread that their rapala garbage was replaced, but no one questions about whey the product is garbage in the first place?

weird. I cannot recall having issues with any Rapala lures???

i dont think ive bought a new lure from them though in a year or 3

their quality has reduced substantially on much of their products.

their rods and reels have always been garbage, so I won't comment on those.

but their lures are starting to be super garbage.

the taildancers were one of the first to have problems. lips missing (and i'm talking fishing quinte in over 100' of water...which means NO they didn't hit bottom), and as well, the paint flakes off to the point where some of my original td's are just bone white now....

next came their hook changes on all their standard cranks....take any specific crank that is over 3 years old, then take that same crank sold today. now bend each treble and see which one is weak....

finally, split rings on rapala's are super garbage, UNLESS they are the J13 model...that model appears to be the only one left with decent hooks and trebles.

mainly, the issues today are with the lips, the paint jobs, and the hardware (split rings and hooks).

compare a yozuri to a rapala....you'll quickly see the difference.

you are one of a kind my friend.

yes, I know they see tons of use.

however, in the same respect, you also cannot deny there isn't another brand of open water fishing tackle that have had the number of reel issues as Okuma.

i'm sure there are tracker owners out there whose boat hasn't cracked...but that doesn't change the quality of tracker.

Rapala's customer service is excellent and in my experience, the lures are tuned and ready to go right out of the box. I haven't had one which didn't run straight right out of the box.

With that said, I'd have to agree with Steve on the crappy hooks and split rings. I'm not a fan of the VMC hooks they use - I've had a good number of them break or bend. The factory split rings are super soft and I've lost hooks and split rings when fish hit. The only Rapalas that I use where I don't change anything on is the J-13. All the other models, I swap out the hooks and split rings. Haven't had a lip break on a lure though.

IMO Okuma also sells the best low end reels Ive ever purchased. the Okuma Avenger spinning reel is pure gold

I fish a few Yo Zuri baits as well and they are indeed higher quality and thats also reflected in the price

maybe im just lucky? but I fish a variety of cranks, stickbaits, topwaters etc and rarely have I had any issues

you are one of a kind my friend.

yes, I know they see tons of use.

however, in the same respect, you also cannot deny there isn't another brand of open water fishing tackle that have had the number of reel issues as Okuma.

i'm sure there are tracker owners out there whose boat hasn't cracked...but that doesn't change the quality of tracker.

No prob bud, I get ya! And i agree on the Tracker comment

I have no qualms with Rapala QC never having had any real issues. The finishes may not be top tier but that is reflected in the price and,they sure do catch fish. If they have an achilles heel its the hooks; sharp but too weak. I dont use their reels or rods but like the sufix line offerings.

Edited by wall i

Snapped a pair of needle nose pliers, Rapala brand, many years back while removing hooks from a big 'Ski, wrote them a letter and received new pliers, a new lure and sticker- I was satisfied. I was likely using them for the wrong purpose in the first place, and I wouldn't use them for that again. Too bad about their recent quality issues- I have no complaints as most of my Rapala lures are over 15 years old and still look/work great.