A few scenes from 2014

spincast

NOT a typical year - at least as compared to the 4 or 5 seasons since I got back into fishing beyond the occasional walk down to the river. My normal playground (Lake O) spent all year pouting, so we explored a new girlfriend. As with all new water, it took us a while to figure Lake E out, and we still have a ways to go. But we spent a great weekend down at Wheatley for annual father/son skip-the-last-day-of-school outing. Had some fun on on Nipigon finally boating my target of a 40+, but the boat loads of bigger walleye we experienced last year simply weren't to be found in the chilly, cold front infested 6 days we spent on the water. Completely blew the budget on the new boat, and don't regret it at all :)

Got to meet up with another OFC dood -rodcaster - who really is a feverish caster when searching for his tantalizing troots. We did manage to put him on his much sought after brookie, but not a laker.

And, as usual, my son outfished me almost every outing.

We put the boat into her winter cave yesterday :( . Time to figure what to do with a weekend when none of it is searching for our pelagic inspiration. Till April.....

I'd say you had a great season, cool video, Chad got a nice brookie too

Thanks Chris - just starting to figure this movie thing out. Looking forward to next year and the opportunity for some underwater shots in the mix too.

ahhhh that river run!!

Wow, seeing it all compressed like that, you really had a fantastic year.

Thanks Chad - do yo know the day I took that video is the one day not one eagle flew in front of us? I had been hoping to get a few of those in the shots - it was amazing to watch them fly in front of us from tree to tree.

looks like a great season to me

X 3 Here Rick as well,not bad at all!!. :good: .

Good fishing Rick & G :clapping: Great softwater fishing for you all B) A good mix bag of fishes in that video :Gonefishing::clapping: Thanks for sharing!!!

Thanks Guys - while we got some nice size fish for sure, and certainly had fun boating them, we did find numbers per day were much less than we have been used to - and as for lake O - we only had one day in the double digits, and that not until September - usually we will have a couple a month. The biggest shock for me was the lack of rainbows - my usual haunts that will produce at least 5 plus bows per day were silent. Hopefully this year was an aberration caused by the cold winter and the lack of stable conditions for longer periods of time. It certainly wasn't for lack of baitfish.