Amusing Border Crossing

TennesseeGuy

I left home Wednesday at 4 PM, slept in a rest area from 3:30 AM to 8:00 AM Thursday morning and stayed at an International Falls motel Thursday night. A fresh crop of border agents saw me as a possible smuggler and made a somewhat thorough search of my van, when I crossed over around noon today. They carried several items to their x-ray machine for a really good look at the contents.

Somehow I forgot to empty the jug of cold pi$$ held over from my short sleep in the rest area. I was close enough to observe the nice young man pick it up, check it closely and put it back on the floor. I was also close by when he opened the large side pocket of my luggage bag that contained my warm weather travel clothes, including the underwear I'd had on for about 45 hours. Underwear would have been tossed in the fire, if I'd had a fire. Didn't want to leave them in the trash can to be tossed by the maid because they were too nasty. Anybody with decent eyesight could determine that black Oreo cookies were included in my recent diet. At this point I had to walk away to keep from laughing.

The boys didn't give me much credit as a smuggler because they didn't look under the hood, didn't look under the van or inspect any areas where a good smuggler might hide his stuff. I recently replaced the rear vent motors and the end result is less than factory, but my work went unnoticed.

One more thing. A very nice young lady checked me first and:

She: Do you have any minnows or night crawlers?

Me: I have frozen, salted tuffy minnows.

She: Have you taken minnows on other fishing trips?

Me: Yes, many times. This is the third trip to Canada for these minnows this season.

She: Are they dead? They're not alive are they?

Me: Yes, they are dead. (no smile, no smirk, no mouth noises from me)

......................................................................................................................................

All the border agents I met were good people, mannerly and pleasant.

All told, it was much better than the U.S./Mexico border is being handled.

I'm looking forward to my third Thanksgiving Dinner with the Geary family at Sportsman's Lodge. I've made many October trips to Little Vermilion, but only three included being there on Thanksgiving Day.

Edited by TennesseeGuy

Sounds like good fun especially when you aren't doing anything wrong LOL!

I did ask a rather cute border guard if she would like to strip search me once, (note to self, DON'T EVER try to joke with border guards, they do not have a sense of humor).