Where to purchase in Ontario

snackpack5150

Hello All, this year I have taken it upon myself to do all the winter stuff to my outboard myself, can anyone tell me where to purchase a hand pump assembly with the fitting for a Honda so I can replace the lower end gear oil ? I have seen them on Amazon and ebay etc. I am not in the mood to spend triple the cost for this item in shipping from the US.

Thanks

Ken

princess auto, canadian tire have them as will a honda dealer, just make sure the adapter that comes with it will fit the threading on your lower unit. i had to go to a yamaha dealer to get an adaptor for the adaptor.

Edited by Raf

Princess Auto for about 5 bucks! and if the thread is not right for your motor..... one of those multi cut caps for a tube of silicon fits one of the adapters in the pump kit and will fit any size hole in your lower unit, just cut to suit! You can also use the plastic applicator from a hemorrhoid cream tube.

Is that tool necessary? I just cut the tip off the gear oil, push it in the threaded hole, and slowly squeeze, catch the drips in a rag

that works too. little cleaner and less waste with the pump and the fitting but i did my lower unit just like you describe for a couple of seasons.

The hand pump kit that actually screws into the lower unit is much better tool then trying to squeeze a tube into the lower unit, especially if the outboard is of the larger variety and holds quite of bit of lower unit oil.

Remember, if you purchase the proper tool now it will serve you for the rest of your fishing life and make the job much easier. Quality tools are worth their weight in gold IMHO and they only cost more next year.