Advice on Maps - NF

SmokestackLightnin

If you want topos try Ibycus.

Their users manual might make a good fire starter. Otherwise it's pretty useless. You'll just have to learn to use it by trial and error. the interface is user hostile. One of these days someone like Apple is going to get int the GPS business and blow the likes of garmin clean out of the water..

if you want to use it for snowmobile trails or atv trails get the Backroads ontario map. Its not cheap $150 but it has trails on there from the 1930's onward.I use it on my atv and for the most part it is deadly accurate.

vance

You could let Backroads rip you off for $150 or you could rip them off by buying a bootleg version from Kijiji. Not sure where they, or Garmin, get off charging such exorbitant prices when the topo info is provided free by the Cdn gov't(for private citizens at least---maybe companies have to pay a small fee) Wow---that rant felt good!!

I bought the topo version 4.. while I would have liked to get the backroads mapbook I decided too late on which to get.. not a lot of stores carry the backroads maps and I need it this week for the moose hunt.. ibycus seems like a huge pain to download but you can order the dvd for $25 I believe.. load it to your computer and then pick the maps you want on the gps..