Smallies fishing still hot !!

fishindevil

Nice

I love cold wwather small mouth fishin.

often slowing down is difficult after fishin all summer but i find a slow presentation will trigger just as many big hits.

I switch to the livetarget baitball cranks and twister tail amd tube jigs with 1/8 oz for the fall smallmouth. Slow and deliberate presentation with slow small movements..

Yes that's true but right now they have their fall feedbag on big time and have not shifted to their fall & wintering grounds yet !!! Water temps up north were 59 degrees and the lakes in the northern Highlands are about to turn over !!!! Then it's drop shots & tubes !!! And slow it right down !!! Seen smallies busting bait too over 30-40 fow !!!! They are crushing suspending baits right now !!!! Oh ya I love brown fish !!!!! Cheers & tight-lines

Nice

often slowing down is difficult after fishin all summer but i find a slow presentation will trigger just as many big hits.

I switch to the livetarget baitball cranks and twister tail amd tube jigs with 1/8 oz for the fall smallmouth. Slow and deliberate presentation with slow small movements..

Yes that's true but right now they have their fall feedbag on big time and have not shifted to their fall & wintering grounds yet !!! Water temps up north were 59 degrees and the lakC5824E3A-223C-44C3-8ADA-ECCE16FD0F00.jpges in the northern Highlands are about to turn over !!!! Then it's drop shots & tubes !!! And slow it right down !!! Seen smallies busting bait too over 30-40 fow !!!! They are crushing suspending baits right now !!!! Oh ya I love brown fish !!!!! Cheers & tight-lines

Nice

Thanks for the report fishndevil. I wasn't able to make it up to 'the lake' last weekend, but the weather pattern looked really good for the weekend. Stable all week and Sunday was the last day before the cold front.

Looks like you used a swammer as the trailer. Good idea! Only ever used twister tails. Will give my swammer's a go.