Introduce myself

josappy

Hello all,

My name is Joe kerwin, I just got posted to CFB Borden, Originally from P.E.I

I am very new to fresh water fishing and am looking for locations around my are that are good for shore fishing. I heard Lake Simcoe but it seems to only be good if you own a boat.

Also any tip you can give me on different lures to use or tricks that work for bass , pike , walleye it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for any information

Welcome to the board .

There is some good fishing from shore here. Spring and fall are the best times.

If your into trout and salmon river fishing. You have the two best rivers running through the base.

Fisherman on the board would be a good guy to get a hold of. He works on the base.

I always like to trade info for lobster,if you can get some fresh ones flown up. :whistling:

Enjoy your stay,and dont take things personal here. Good bunch of members here.

Edited by Misfish

Welcome aboard Joe!

I'm not much of a shore fisherman. But there are plenty of good rivers around. Just look for spots where all the cars are parked on the sides of the roads!

There's quite often guys on the board looking for people to join them for outings in their boats.. As well as get togethers. They are always a good time, and you'll learn lots! Keep An eye out.

If ya ever want to get out on the water, you can borrow my canoe for a day! I've never met an east coaster I didn't like, so I'm assuming with out actually meeting you that your a decent guy...

Welcome , great bunch here . I live in Mansfield just on the south/west side of the base , lots of good river fishing in this area . Spring and fall are the best times for trout

and salmon . Like others have said Simcoe is a great fishery as well ! I would assume that you are an active member of the military and if so I believe you would have

access to Mountain Lake at CFB Meaford (LFCATC Meaford) I would look into that if I was you . I have had the pleasure of fishing there several times and it is worth it .

Mind you I have not been there in a couple years , at the time it was a great smallmouth bass and walleye lake . At that time only military and members of east grey

hunters and anglers were allowed access , and for all you "Lurkers" out there I wouldn't be trying to sneak in for a quick fish . It is a military base :whistling: Good luck !

Well welcome to the board although why anyone would want to leave PEI to come North totally eludes me. Oysters, clams, all kinds of fishing, lobster in season and some of the nicest people I have ever had an opportunity to meet. We went for a quick visit and if our boat house hadn't been destroyed by a storm we'd probably have spent our entire summer there.

At any rate, we are over in the Kawarthas, you are welcome to come fish off our dock anytime (walleye, bass, muskie, carp and a million pan fish). I won't make any promises but once things slow down a bit for me I'll even try to get you out in the boat.

Add my email to your list and let me know if and when you would like to come.

[email protected]

Well welcome to the board although why anyone would want to leave PEI to come North totally eludes me. Oysters, clams, all kinds of fishing, lobster in season and some of the nicest people I have ever had an opportunity to meet. We went for a quick visit and if our boat house hadn't been destroyed by a storm we'd probably have spent our entire summer there.

you are right, no one wants to leave PEI specially the beaches and seafood, but sadly in atlantic canada there isnt much employment so we have to come to the mainland or as i hear some torontonians call it ( land of milk and honey :S)