I cant wait to try this out. GoPro PFFFFFT

misfish

After this past weekend,I knew I need to fabricate something up for getting water level action videos from the tube.

Meet,

GOTCHA :lol:

002_zpse328279e.jpg

It will get strapped to the pontoon. Should make for some great top water action shots.

Who needs a GO PRO. LOL

Edited by Misfish

To keep the bouncing effect to a minimum, when you are filming have a small piece of the pontoon, or whatever it is strapped to, in the screen. It will act as a focal point so even though everything else may move it will sit still. Same reason why having a camera strapped to a fishing rod doesn't bother you, because it is still the whole time.

Looks awesome though, you will have to share the results!

I picked up a Bullet HD Pro for cheap last Christmas for doing video duty.

I mounted it on my mono pod and bungied it into my milk crate when out in my yak.

I'm sure your Fuji will do well. But as said, get big cards and have a couple. ;)

Here's a vid of me kayaking in FLA. :D

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=838883672804640&set=vb.100000490442858&type=3&theater

Thanks guys and thanks for the tip MW.

I,ll be working on another proto type. One with a sleeve so it can be removed for under water fish fighting. Yes, it will be teathered to the float, so not to lose it.

So I guess I want the biggest memory card available? What I have now is 4mb

I was lucky enough to find a second battery. The one out of my old Olympus is the same. That saved me a few bucks.

LOL Bill.

My next learning curve will be editing.

The best feature I found with the gopro is looping it saved me a lot on memory cards and also download time from cameras to computer. I looked at getting one of them cameras you have for release shots but find that the gopro has awesome stills.

One tip I can give you from using my hero 2 that did not have looping feature is stop the recording every 5 min max if not it is crazy long to download. I also would say nothing on this one or say what was on the video for editing that way I could just go to the end of each video and see what was on it instead of watching all. The forage.

Great idea you have I can't wait to see the underwater video that stuff is always awesome

Thanks Mike for your input.

I never stop thinking about always improving things when I make them.

Today I went a few steps further. What I first made would not really serve my purpose for what I wanted from it.

So here is the improved one. Ok two. I was given an order for one of the first,but why cheap out and make it the same.

This one will rotate 360 degrees and not come out of the holder. I put a grooved slot for the set screw to keep it located.One turn of the knob,and out it comes and ready for under water footage.

a8yj.jpg

0df6.jpg

jfke.jpg

Edited by Misfish