Hot weather Bassin!!!

ccmtcanada

Fishnsled and I headed out this morning to fish. Once again we didn't know where we were actually going until we hit the road! After much debate over a coffee and breakfast while on the road, we decided on hitting Lake Scugog. Now this isn't my favourite lake, but with the wind forecast, this seemed like the right lake for us. Thankfully the winds were 15k + gusts, or we'd have been roasted off the lake! It was a bit tough fishing in the windy conditions, but we did manage to pull a few fish from the bog.

First, Fishnsled was up...landing this small guy...

54D2D577-5384-4705-A3D5-2DCCBA00979D_zps

The bite was very slow...carp were rolling around everywhere in the shallows and we had a hard time finding feeding bass. I was getting a little tired so I sat down, put my feet up and ended up catching this little guy...

D5E6568C-2617-45E8-BC3A-C62AD5773796_zps

Around 11am...I'm throwing a senko into the lily pads when all of the sudden I feel what may be a weed...may be a fish. I set the hook anyways and I was rewarded with some weight and a huge splash out in the weeds! After running under the boat and horsing it back out, I was rewarded with what I think is my new PB. It weighed in just shy of 5 pounds.

BEE706F3-6964-44CC-971C-86033E07B8EE_zps

The bite once again slowed down and I managed just one more fish. The winds and heat finally got the best of us and we were off the water at about 2pm. All in all yet another great day on the water. Getting a nice fish is always a bonus!!