looking for advice, Provincial Park on Mattawa or Ottawa River?

chris.brock

Any experience with these parks?

Samuel de Champlain, Driftwood or Fitzroy?

I know all PPs are somehow pretty similar, but I would like to hear some reviews, I'm guessing Driftwood would be the most interesting fishing wise, I'm bringing a boat

I'll probably be up that way in a week or so

any private campgrounds recommended?

thanks

You should consider Sid Turcotte Park in Mattawa,with the Mattawa and Ottawa rivers at your door step there is an amazing amount of water to fish.I am a seasonal there and will show you a few spots..

vance

Can't go wrong with any of them up there Chris !! The fishing is awesome out of any of those parks !! Driftwood is great and gives you miles and miles of river to fish and you can trailer around the swisha dam and fish below for miles and miles too !!!!! The fast current below the dam is insane !!!! But further down a bit there is anything & everything to catch !!! Pm me I might be there in a week or so myself !!!!

thanks for the help guys,

you never know, I may take you up on your offer Vance

Feel free to look me up,I will be away on the 10th for for days back lake fishing but any time before that or after is ok with me. PM me if you are going to take up my offer and I will give you my contact info.

vance

Edited by vance

Samuel de Champlain is a beautiful park. You have Amable du Fond and Pautois cr. for speckles, and moore lake and endless water on the Mattawa river (even Chant Plein lake), although if you're hellbent on fishing the Ott river proper, i would stay somewhere closer to Mattawa

the entire Mattawa route is PP. Camp anywhere you like really.

Sam De Champ would be my choice as well for a maintained park. Nice and quiet. Just watch out for those rangers if you like evening fun.Good pike, bass and burbot in Moore lake.