Problem with depth finder. Any one know the reason?

pidge

Hey guys and gals. A buddy and I were out fishing last weekend and a strange thing happened with the depth finder. For whatever reason the screen would go all funny with verticle lines and the depth would be off...way off. It's a problem that didn't happen all the time. Just random. Shutting off the unit would sometimes solve it, but within miniuts the issue would come back. Fishing in 30' and a bottom that looked like Mars surface for instance all of a sudden these verticle lines would appear and the depth would read 1' maybe 2'???? We tryed fooling with the wires in the back of the unit, but had no luck with that. Connections look fine, but I'm sure there might be something internal that's messed up. Anyone ever come across something like this before? And if so did you find a solution. Don't have money right now to go and buy a new unit and this one marks or at least did mark the bottom flawlessly. I've included a few pics to help explain better. Thanks.

Pidge.

987B7A8C-1FC7-42D3-88A7-CBAFF9CC8FDB_zps

B8037489-BA9A-4230-B4F8-043A9AA60D45_zps

Ahh good idea Gerritt! Will do when I get back up there. Thanks man for the tip.Transducer looks to be in its normal position. I'm not sure what you mean Paudash of it riding up in the bracket. Do you mean kinda on a 45 degree angle?

Edited by pidge

Unhook the transducer and put the unit into demo mode. If the lines are still there it is a problem with the head unit/LCD screen. If they disappear then I would suspect the transducer as the culprit.

G

Yup. Great advice Gerritt.