wind question for tomorrow morning

iFish4real

It,s an easy thing here for me.

Wadding creeks with the fly rod and spin.

Not even thinking of taking the float tube out anywhere.

Dont let me down weather (dick) man

. :worthy:

Edited by Misfish

hmm I would think somewhere between uncomfortable and wet might be descriptive. Of course, you might also be uncomfortably wet?. But My experience on E is somewhat limited. 15 K on O was my comfort zone for solo fishing in the 16 foot dual console.

hmm I would think somewhere between uncomfortable and wet might be descriptive. Of course, you might also be uncomfortably wet?. But My experience on E is somewhat limited. 15 K on O was my comfort zone for solo fishing in the 16 foot dual console.

15 kms is my comfort zone as well.The boat does well in even heavier winds but not comfortable at all,fishing .

I think 20km winds ifish4real would be far to much IMO.

Edited by davey buoy

As a resident of Erie I wouldn't be going into that lake in a 14' anything, even 14' deep Lund!. Never. My 19'6" is too small many days after going out in glass like conditions. As soon as I feel a wind shift, off the water I head. If there is any breeze in the AM there are stiff winds all afternoon.

I swear by WindFinder.com. Also check weather.gc.ca for Eastern Erie reports. When it says 1/2 to 1 meter waves forget about it, I can gaurantee you 6 foot or more swells during gusts. 10 knot winds is my stay home and golf winds because if it says 10 there will be gusts to 15knts or more.

I beg you not to go out on this Lake in a tinny, please.

I have to add. Right know if I told you the lake has 1 foot Walleye chop one would think it would be fine to head out on, only 12" no big deal. Bit that 1 foot chop has white caps on them, far different than slight 1 foot roll. This tells me the caps are remnants of large breakers only a few miles out. Sure enough I look by telescope and it's very rough not far from shore. Plus the wind is blowing harder that the wave height would indicate, it's going to be rough until 5PM then lay down till around 8PM, then pick up again.

20 years watching this Lake now full time. Years before coming out fishing. She can be scary.

Edited by Old Ironmaker