Walleye for supper

Bernie

Went out yesterday evening for a quick fish. drifted for a bit and hooked into one. Just as I was going back to anchor another boat came by and anchored very close to where I wanted to be. Went upwind of him and anchored. First cast hooked into another one. About every second cast was rewarded with a pickerel. None of them in the slot.Weather was fantastic, just a slight breeze frrom the northwest.Forty minutes from the time I left the cottage until I got back with my 4 fish. Fresh pickerel for supper tonite.MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM yum.

Sorry no pics, forgot my camera

Thanks for the replys guys. I'll take a pic of them when I eat em up for supper tonite :D . I was by myself and really wasnt expecting to catch anything so the camera stayed at the cottage. Just so nice out and I worked hard on the boathouse all day and a fishing break was in order. Guess that a pic of them when I got back would have been possible. Nothing big for the contest so it didnt cross my mind to take any.

Good for you Bernie, glad to hear someone is on the walleye. This was my first year in also 20 years that I was skunk for walleye on the openner weekend. Had too many brown pop. I did stop by B.J. Tackle in Bewdley on rice lake and there was a company fishing derby. They weight in 54 walleye by the 2pm deadline. Average size were 4lbs and the largest was around 8.5 lbs.