First 2014 carp report! Family fishing fun on the dock

Fisherpete

After running around finishing my honey-do-list in the morning, I made the short run to to the cottage last Sunday afternoon with the wife and two boys, just to have some fun on the dock and a BBQ. We got there around 1:30pm, and started fishing by 2. Tyler (little man) had a blast fishing with worms and a float, and caught well over 100 sunfish, perch, rock bass and even a largemouth. Nick, Cheryl and I set up for carp... and it didn't take long to get into them. Overall, we went 11 for 12, the one I lost was a tank and snapped my 20lb floro leader on a blistering run! Anyways, we had four amazing hours of fishing... here's some pics of our fun!

p.s. the triple header was amazing... close to fifty pounds of carp in the net! It cost me a reel though, got broken in the chaos... however the good people at Normark/Rapala took care of me :) and all is well.

p.p.s.s. Added 32.5" inches for team 5 for the OFC tourney... had to play with the contrast etc. to make the sign visible LOL... hoping to upgrade anyways this weekend and not have to use the ugly pic.

DSC_0861_zps59a8cd1b.jpg

DSC_0862_zpsf8bc719f.jpg

DSC_0867_zps115f0f46.jpg

DSC_0870_zpsc3912109.jpg

DSC_0872_zpsb2c5bdd6.jpg

DSC_0873_zpsd5d4e300.jpg

DSC_0875_zps1b923aa6.jpg

DSC_0877_zpsf7fce43a.jpg

DSC_0878_zps195a3473.jpg

DSC_0879_zps1b80d1a0.jpg

photo1_zps3f1c3373.jpg

photo2_zpsdad6ebd9.jpg

DSC_0883_zps5eadba1e.jpg

DSC_0886_zps82f4cdf0.jpg

DSC_08862_zpsc6a28efc.jpg

DSC_0887_zps7de965c6.jpg

DSC_0888_zps69b14599.jpg

DSC_0889_zps288b758f.jpg

Edited by Fisherpete

Awesome shooting bud! Glad I don't have to try for carp this year as I've never done it before ;).

Also my oldest (3) has the same shirt as your young one there. He is starting to make me think of taking it back these days tho lol.

Cheers

-Adam.

Corn is all I use... Chum a small area with half a can, cast near the edge. First bite usually takes a while until they find your chum, but then they call their friends to the corn party and game on!!!

I use the same setup as I do for catfishing - weight-bead-swivel-18" floro leader-small circle or carp hook. I put the rods in the holders, loosen the drag a bit and chill out until the drag starts screaming.

I'm going to experiment with boilies this weekend, never tried them before. Like the fact that they float of bottom - keeps the bait outta the muck.

Pete

ok, thanks, i was mainly using pickerel rigs for them, to keep the bait a bit off bottom, will try your setup, maybe wait a week or two for them to fully finish spawning around here, they don't wanna hit, last year it was non-stop, probably because they're not fully done spawning but its weird because I've already seen little tiny carp minnows swimming around.