Humminbird 100sx

davey buoy

This is my in boat fish finder.Lately I have noticed the depth readings are all over the place most times.Sometimes 6',15' whatever(accurate),but most times reading #'s like 542,430ft etc,no where near accurate.Gradually been getting worse.Do you ever have to clean and scrub your transducer.?.Just washed mine with a good cleaning soap and rinsed.Looked a bit dirty but nothing serious.

Would this little maintenance make a difference?.In 6 years I have never touched it.Thanks for any help guys.

Dave.

I've got a pair of Lowrance X510C units and they've both done the same thing a couple times, but I just shut the unit down and re-started it and everything was good again.

My transducer is a shoot thru hull type but I have no idea if that could be causing the same issue on mine.

I've got a pair of Lowrance X510C units and they've both done the same thing a couple times, but I just shut the unit down and re-started it and everything was good again.

My transducer is a shoot thru hull type but I have no idea if that could be causing the same issue on mine.

Mine lew is out the transom and mounted on the lower part 1/2 in water stream.As it should from what I have read and did work well for a while.Wonder if there is a hard reboot for this unit?

My lowrance also does this once in a while---I think it loses bottom

Like Lew--I shut it off/on works ok

I have done that,but most times won't work.I gave the transponder a good hand polish.Nice and clean now.Looking for a simple fix first.Intermittant as heck at times.Thanks guys.

Wack it with a hammer :) That's a sure sign however that the transducer is on it's way out. I'd get a replacement on order.

You think it is worth it Bill?,don't want to spend a lot for sure .

Edited by davey buoy

If this is the only fish finder on your rig, yeah I'd definitely say it's worth it.. 6 years out of a transducer isn't bad :)

Thanks,I never new they wore so fast?.Thought they would last longer than that.I guess 6 years in this technical world is pretty fair come to think of it.