Opener Turkey(nf)

BITEME

Woke up Friday all fired up it has been 11 years since I took the turkry test have been on birds every year but could get none in the kill zone anyway .......

decide to use my tried and true deer tactic walk call wait

we went in in daylight(0630) because lets face it i dont go out and scout days before I just listen

so walked down the road to my turn in spot couple hundred yards in squaked abit with the box listen nothing did this same routine for a couple football fields and he started to beak off .

I stopped on a little plateau and sat down he would have to come up a small rise to me called him again and he went balistic

I knew he was coming didnt have time for face mask or gloves he was inbound and still wailing away had the gun up blood was pounding in my ears saw his shape break the bush and his rapid advance to my position had to dump my sunglasses as the heavy breathing fogged them up.

up the hill he comes and soon as his head came into my site he looked at me like what the hell and i powed him

all i can say is that is what happens when you dont use your pecker to eat with.

I dont know details because its not important

close as i can give you ended up with a good turkey dinner for me and the old boy and enough for a good grubup of sandwhiches and the rest went into a very wild turkey soup ofor my guys at work.

I will be going back up to see if i can ko another with the crossbow ........yeah happy dance the curse is broken

cheers

Peter

1_opt.jpg

2_opt.jpg

3_opt.jpg

4_opt.jpg

You know I thought about doing that as well. I'm sure they're tastier after a summer of good eating although I like them in the spring as well. It is more fun hunting in the spring.

Dan O.

I have had two from the spring hunt. The breast is awesome wrapped in double smoked apple/maple bacon.The stuff you have to slice your self from a slab. :D

Edited by Misfish