A Fish photo and a story

kickingfrog

I had most of the day off so I went for a drive with my brother. We brought the rods but were not likely to spend much time fishing. Took a look at some spots; yep, there is a lot of water. Saw some turkey hunters; yep, we need to find some property to hunt. Anyway, we figured there is no point in doing all this driving and not wet a line so off to the lake we go. There were a few float guys at the mouth but the east wind was blowing onshore hard. So we both were going to chuck hardware. I left my sunglasses in the car and wished I hadn't because the wind was so hard that my eyes were watering and I had a hard time following my spinner. Then I think I hear something and look back to where my brother was and see that he's playing a fish. Nice, 5 minutes and one's on. Dropback with not a ton of fight and my brother's got in on shore fairly quickly. I snap a fast burst of photos and go to put the camera away as he releases the fish.

IMGP1581_zpsba4a66de.jpg

As I turn around to see how things are going my brother catches a foot on a rock and loses his balance and stumbles forward a step and then falls face first into a foot of water. He's wet from his beard to his toes. The water he says is "Surprisingly warm.... at first." Fortunately the wind was loud enough that none of the other angler's laughter could be heard. If only I had tried for a release shot I would have had the whole thing in pictures.

One of those stories of ours that will live on around the campfire for eternity.

Brookies and browns for me tomorrow.

A good camera man would have kept shooting.. just saying!!!

Great day out for the brothers... well other than one trying to get hypothermia!

And normally I would have been, but I was keen to get back to the fish that were tired of looking at spawn bags.

I left my sunglasses in the car and wished I hadn't because the wind was so hard that my eyes were watering and I had a hard time following my spinner.

I went through the same thing last week. Not fun.

Nice fish for the bro Rob.

Maybe see ya in the morning.

Edited by Misfish

He wanted me to keep fishing but I knew how cold he was going to get.

I had withheld bit of information in my original post, but since he gave all the details on fb I'll tell you the rest of the story... He crapped himself a little as he fell into the river.

And now you know the rest of the story.

We take his car next time.