Sturgeon Lake Ice out report

Big Cliff

Well, we finally have open water in the river and channel down to about the Moorings Marina. Still plenty of ice along the shore line in the main body of the lake. Ice out here is typically about 7-10 days after that so there is a chance that I might be able to get my boat in the water by mid next week. We are easily 4-5 weeks behind the average this year, should make opening for walleye really interesting this year!

That's good news. Rice lake is under a flood watch right now. Hopefully the trent guys can keep it all under control, but they usually use the tri lakes to hold water back.....then sturg. I also hear flooding has started on the burnt river. Someone told me today 10ft higher than normal...

S.

Rice lake is under a flood watch right now. Hopefully the trent guys can keep it all under control, but they usually use the tri lakes to hold water back.....then sturg.

I was at the Youngs Point locks an hour ago and the water is completely over top of the concrete pier where you tie up the boats while waiting to lock through. Some of the cottages downstream now have water right up almost to their doorsteps and I can only guess it'll get worse before it gets better.

Gonna be plenty of water heading down to Rice Lake yet.

The northern half of Clear Lake now has lots of open water .

Edited by lew

I was at the Youngs Point locks an hour ago and the water is completely over top of the concrete pier where you tie up the boats while waiting to lock through. Some of the cottages downstream now have water right up almost to their doorsteps and I can only guess it'll get worse before it gets better.

Gonna be plenty of water heading down to Rice Lake yet.

The northern half of Clear Lake now has lots of open water .

Rice lake is rising 8cm per day, and will continue to rise for quite a few days yet.

I can only assume the homes/cottages thru campbellford/hastings will be flooded again. I remember a few years ago sandbagging over there for days. Lakefield is flowing full bore as well.

S.

Water level in Sturgeon is starting to come up quite quickly, a good 3" since this morning, looks like they are trying to hold some back to avoid flooding down stream and drawing some down from up stream.You could launch at Lunge Haven or in Lindsay and there is open water up stream of Goose Bay as of this afternoon.

Water level in Sturgeon is starting to come up quite quickly, a good 3" since this morning, looks like they are trying to hold some back to avoid flooding down stream and drawing some down from up stream.You could launch at Lunge Haven or in Lindsay and there is open water up stream of Goose Bay as of this afternoon.

Excellent update. Very helpful for me. Thanks.

According to this site: http://www.pc.gc.ca/lhn-nhs/on/trentsevern/visit/ne-wl/trent_e.asp , Scugog is as high as its ever been, and the tri lakes are approaching record high levels. Sturgeon will be next.

Are all the logs out of the dam in Lindsay?

S.

Yes, the Lindsay dam is wide open and Scugog is at record high levels. There is nothing more that TSW can do if the levels continue to rise in Scugog.

IMG_0129-Copy.jpg

IMG_0137-Copy.jpg

Lower Buckhorn webcam from Reach Harbour showing water almost over the dock and the webcam from Sunrise resort has been taken down due to high water last time I checked http://www.reachharbour.com/weather.htm is the Reach Harbour camera. Here is Sunrise resort if they get it back up and running http://www.sunriseresort.ca/index.php/photo-video/webcam

Kawartha Kev