~~~~my Boq Saturday Report

oldphart

~~~A good Buddy came down from Honey Harbour, and picked me up, and we headed down to Picton. We launched at the widdle Marina just short of the Ferry dock, and headed out to meet up with 2 other Buds from Kingston. We started Bottom Bouncing only to hook up with some pesty Perch. Decide to do some trolling, with a Rapalla deep Diving Minnow, and very quikly hooked into this very pretty dinner companion

100_1439.jpg

Followed shortly after by partners catch, off the planer board

100_1438.jpg

This great 2 phish in less than hr. last weekend I went 2 days and not even a touch, it could only get better, and it did here are the next 2 phish

100_1435.jpg

100_1440.jpg

We ended the day with 5 phish releasing 2 of them, and will be going down there next Sunday, for some more fun

Hey guys, I'm a tad curious about the timing of your action on the weekend. We were east of the ferry and in the cental basin between the cement plant and the ferry and just couldn't seem to hit the active fish. First we had south east wind, then south wind then the wind died. Ran 4 lines including two on inlines. Those fish saw everything from Husky Jerks, to Reef Runners, to Stretch 20's and Deep Diving Taildancers. Even tried a couple old favourites (Bomber Long A's) weighted down. We saw 70 boats and were always in the pack somewhere. Only one net over the side all morning and every boat we talked to got nada! On the upside, the graph was marking fish all morning long. They were stacked like cordwood, but the highest concentration was west of the ferry. Fish of all sizes too. If I extrapolate our data, there were thousands upon thousands of walleye under the surface from 15 to 50 ft. down. Just never seen numbers like that in all the years we've been fishing Quinte. For the most part, they had lock jaw though.....water's still very warm and best fishing is yet to come. We've got three weeks of good fishin' yet. It doesn't get really fun 'til we're cracking skim ice in Picton Harbour to get to open water.