Taxidermist Needed

Oggie

Hi Guys. My son caught a jumbo perch over 15" this winter on Simcoe. He wants to have it mounted. Advanced Taxidermy isn't a possibility, he says it's too small a job. Just wondering if anyone can recommend another taxidermist in the Barrie to Guelph to Kincardine area. He'll drive but he doesn't want to just hand it off without a little feedback from someone. Thanks

Dan O.

"Too small a job".. someone's head's getting too large!

Jeff Brain's just South of Orillia... You exit on the 14th Line, he's on the West side of 11 up the side road off the 14th.

705-327-7889

Edited by irishfield

Chris Bowyer in Brentwood (around Angus) is a master taxidermist if he is still doing it. I think he is. A number on the internet is 705-424-6772.

He is very good at painting and you should be happy with the results. I was a taxidermist for 25 years and saw his work at many competitions. He usually wiped up with the awards.

"Too small a job".. someone's head's getting to large!

Jeff Brain's just South of Orillia... You exit on the 14th Line, he's on the West side of 11 up the side road off the 14th.

705-327-7889

x2

WOW TO SMALL. I agree Wayne.

Chris Bowyer in Brentwood

I have driven by his shop. Not sure he,s open anymore. Could be wrong,but he does great work as well.

I agree with jimmer.

Chris Bowyer is a master taxidermist, does fabulous work, and is a nice guy to deal with. He did have quite a backlog of work last time I saw him, which was a few years back. But if you are going to pay for taxidermy, you might as well get quality work done.

Doug

Edited by akaShag

"Too small a job".. someone's head's getting too large!

705-327-7889

this is the guy to go to!!! i have a small mouth bass from 11 years ago and it still looks like new, the detail and time he puts into his work is second to none! I'm getting my 16 inch crappie done in a few weeks by him

I was just talking to James about getting a couple perch done he had no problem at all. I'm not sure who you talked to but with every dealing I have heard of at advanced they have always done the work. They are very busy right now and running a couple months behind.

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience there. As others have said lots of others out there that are not as busy.

Btw 15" is a awesome perch.