Ling

BowSlayer101

Well ChristopherK. and i decided to go hit a lake in the haliburton highlands, in hopes of hooking a few ling. When we got there, i expected good laker action, well we didn't have that, neither did we have any action at all. I started drilling holes like crazy, checking and jigging each one and by the time i drilled the two holes for the hut, i managed to run out of gas for the auger and we had to chisel the other hole through. By the time i got back, Chris already had a ling on the ice and was pulling up another. I decided to join in on the fun, we set up the hut and had a good number of hits, then it lit up, Chris got one, then i did, then back to Chris, then i get a small laker, only one so far. I decide to go back to another hole where i had recently lost a whitie, i go over, mark something right on bottom on the flasher, as I'm dropping my micro jig and minnow down there, just as it gets halfway down, a big red mark is heading towards my bait, i stop flip the bail back over, and something smashes my jig, i set the hook hard and it goes off like a freight train, my ul looked as if it were about to snap any second now and my drag was barely holding off my four lb test. Just as i think it might be a huge whitie, i get a headshake and a run down 30' below, nope this is now whitie, its a laker!! I yell for Chris to come and help and just as he runs over i manage to lift out this beauty laker on my 5th try after it falling back in the hole 4 times without me getting a grip. I went over back to the hut and watch Chris's rod tip bounce, i set the hook and yell for him to come and grab his rod, he pulls out a nice ling in a couple minutes and we decide to call it a day, beautiful weather but the wind was a pain, still an awesome outing!IMG_20140314_175003_zpsd8f0e2a6.jpg[/urlIMG_20140314_175102-1_zps3cd1be1b.jpg

Edited by BowSlayer101

Finally someone else who know how to truly fry fish.... The heck with the healthy, splurge and get yourself a meal made in heaven.

Art

When in Rome...if you're already taking your catch for a swim in grease, you may as well go with the best stuff