All in one weekend

jimmer

Just read that the MNR laid 19 fishing charges in a blitz through Haliburton on the weekend. The charges ranged from no licences, too many lines, fish out of season, over limits, slot fish being kept, too far from lines. When are people going to start following the regs?

From what i could see you must be within 60m of any line ( 197ft) with an unobstructed view.

That seems like a lot. Even when carp fishing or ice fishing i dont think i have ever been more than 20ft away frim a line.

The meter maid approach. Ticket all with little or no discresion at all I bet. Revenue generation at its best. Purchased a conservation license this year just so I wouldn't be throwing more good money after bad. I figure, If you can't beat em, cheat em. Catch me if you can !!! :asshat:

Edited by moxie

Is it 60 metric meters or 60 US meters.... :dunno: Do they use a tape measure what if the CO is 4'8" tall does their stride count as a meter. So many questions.

Also if you are sound asleep with the line wrapped around a glove like I am when I steelhead fish through the night most years at this time does that count as attended or zonked out waiting for dawn? LOL

I would think its more of a guideline, if you are 500 ft away from a tip up that fish will suffer unnecessarily. Especially if you dont see it and it just flounders around for a while. If you have the line around your hand you should wake up when it gets pulled so you wouldnt think that would be an issue, however if you get a co on a bad day maybe he would say different.