Gas Augers on sale anywhere??

Burtess

Ice is getting too thick...... or I am getting too lazy.... :dunno:

Anyone see any good sales on gas augers anywhere? Don't need anything exotic or ultra powerful.... as long as it runs and cuts through ice I'm good...

Burt :)

Check out if fishing world still has reconditioned models. I paid 249 for a 10" rapala enduro 51cc. Machine was mint. Been out a few times the past 2 weeks and it works great. Came with a 1 yr warranty as well. These machines are the same as the eskimo shark.

princess auto has a gas auger head on sale for $115. its advertised as an earth auger head, i was wondering myself if it could somehow be adapted to my hand auger but i'm not quite sure... it'd definitely be just about the cheapest route if it works.

ryan

edit... looks like its back to full price, still cheap.

http://www.princessauto.com/pal/en/Other/Earth-Auger-Powerhead/8472169.p

Edited by Dunner

princess auto has a gas auger head on sale for $115. its advertised as an earth auger head, i was wondering myself if it could somehow be adapted to my hand auger but i'm not quite sure... it'd definitely be just about the cheapest route if it works.

ryan

edit... looks like its back to full price, still cheap.

http://www.princessauto.com/pal/en/Other/Earth-Auger-Powerhead/8472169.p

Well you would need an adapter to go from the gearbox shaft (probably 3/4 or 7/8) to whatever size the shaft is on your armstrong auger. That's not hard to make. Then you might have to be gentle, I think my gas auger shaft and flite is a bit more robust. You just might turn your auger into spagetti with the extra motor torque.

So I picked up a Rapala Nitro 43cc (same as Eskimo Mako M43) at Crappy Tire in Oakville for $299 from $450. Some CT stores are starting to mark down the augers and shelters now.

Tried it out yesterday afternoon on the way back from Midland on Simcoe out from Shanty Bay. Starts first pull and cuts great, ice was nearly 2 ft. No fish though....... :wallbash:

So I picked up a Rapala Nitro 43cc (same as Eskimo Mako M43) at Crappy Tire in Oakville for $299 from $450. Some CT stores are starting to mark down the augers and shelters now.

Tried it out yesterday afternoon on the way back from Midland on Simcoe out from Shanty Bay. Starts first pull and cuts great, ice was nearly 2 ft. No fish though....... :wallbash:

That's a sweet deal! I'll have to keep my eyes open.

That nitro is the best i have ever used. My buddy picked one up last year, and it starts just as easy as my $1000 normark and cuts much faster!

Oh yea... gagnons has some jiffy models on sale this week, but IMHO they are useless junk! I have one in my garage rotting away, and a couple guys i know also are not impressed with them.

Edited by Angler management

I hope you didn't pay $1000 for an ice auger.

Oh gosh no... Got it used from a friend for a great price, but they retail for $899. Just trying to say the nitro is a great unit even when compared to these high end units. The craftsmanship om the normark is amazing tho. There isnt even any exhaust fumes. And it cuts amazing with the 10" blade and the little 27cc motor!