Finally got out again.

DRIFTER_016

Between weeks of brutal cold followed by weeks of dealing with the flu I haven't been out on the ice since early December. :(

That changed today. ;) While it wasn't a whole lot warmer (-35C windchill) I am feeling better.

Hit my favorite pike lake today for a little fishing. Got a late start as it took me longer to get my gear set than I would have liked and when I got to the lake the snow was 18" or better deep.

Got my holes drilled and set a big dead bait outside the shack and jigged inside.

Managed to land close to 20 with a couple of decent ones and one big girl in the 40"- 41" range. :clapping:

Took quite a while to revive her due to the cold and I am still feeling the effects of frost bitten fingers from the release. <_<

Supposed to be -45 - -50 windchills over night so I will be hunkering down again.

Gonna be warm and toasty on Monday @ -16 of course. :wallbash:

pike_zpse64eb38c.jpg

A beauty for sure, Dave! You're thinning out and here I thought you were sposed to heavy up for the winter. Now I'm gunna get spat upon for this and I know that we should all do our best to safely release our fish but I really don't think that in those temps you should be taking a chance on losing your fingers. Maybe I'm just getting old....can't take extreme cold or heat as well as I once could. :( A great fish though Dave, and I enjoy all of your reports.,