Antigua 2014

limeyangler

Hi all,

Holiday was AWESOME!

basically my mum's 80th Birthday bash. She had the time of her life having the whole family together in one place….does not happen often. She also had her nearest and dearest friends turning up at different points too.

Only had a week which did not leave much time for fishing. Got out only once really but it did not disappoint.

Went to a little bay I know. The wind had been howling straight in there all month at upto 65Kmh(i was watching the weather channels for months before i left). The stories i was hearing from locals was fishing was very slow because of the wind, however, that did not matter for where i was. I got 2 small fish for supper and missed 3 MASSIVE fish, snapped 30lb braid like it did not exist. Was not bit off either as i was using 40lb test wire leaders. I also know the fish were huge because every 10 minutes or so i was treated to a spectacular dance of giant trevalli, huge barracuda and frantic baitfish as the latter tried to dodge the raids of the former. Did not get much action on video unfortunately as i did not notice the link from my Gopro's remote was down :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash: . My point and shoot camera also got broke :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash: .

Lost the most effective lure too 2nd cast…..a large 9cm rapala Clacking rap in pearl/ghost. Found a baitfish washed up on shore….now wonder they liked the Clacking Rap i was using………..

ScreenShot2014-01-23at110405AM.png

ScreenShot2014-01-23at110618AM.pngAnyway….here is a video of that morning.

a great little break from stupidly cold NWOntario, and an absolutely amazing time shared with my mum and family.