Bluckbuster situation,,, help!!!.... NF

ok this is a sticky situation, i rented 2 games 1 month ago, and just today said i have to pay the game value of 62 dollers, cus im like owning the games now cus it was such a long time, the clerk gave me some options of...

1. i can pay 62 dollers, hmmm id rather not

2. trade in games and other movies, other words give them my games and movies that will take away the debt

Now are these my only 2 options? i was thinking of canceling my membership and never going back, will this work? will this effect my credit rating? will it keep rising if i dont pay them back?

I know its only 62 bux but i got no money no job, i dunno, if it comes down ill pay it off,i gottta get a jobbbb...

From Blockbuster.ca:

Movie and game rentals are due back at the date and time stated on the transaction receipt. There is no additional rental charge if a member keeps a rental item beyond the pre-paid rental period. However, if a member chooses to keep a rental item for more than a week after the end of the rental period, BLOCKBUSTER will automatically convert the rental to a sale on the eighth (8th) day after the end of the rental period. BLOCKBUSTER will post to the membership account and/or credit card the selling price for the item in effect at the time of the rental. If the member returns the item within 30 days of the sale date, BLOCKBUSTER will credit back to the membership account and/or credit card the amount previously charged. The member will be charged a one-time restocking fee of $1.75 per unit per transaction plus applicable taxes. These rental terms are subject to change without notice at any time. Available at all BLOCKBUSTER Canada stores. See store for complete terms and conditions. Membership rules apply for rental. BLOCKBUSTER name, design and related marks are trademarks of Blockbuster Inc. ©2006 Blockbuster Inc. All rights reserved.

Just take back the two games and they should adjust your account. You should only owe $1.75X2.....

It states within 30 days of the sales date, which is 8 days past the end of the rental period. So you can have the games for whatever the rental period plus 38 days and still owe only $3.50...

Burt :)

Edited by Burtess

no "good" advice for you other than however this works out, consider it a learning experience. Read the fine print (ie see above post) and look for legal loopholes. At the end of the day though, if you're guilty...I say pay up and make sure you don't make the same mistake twice. Well, lets say don't do it a third time. The price to me seems reasonable. You had it so long past the due date the store would have to believe the games were never coming back. Naturally there are others who would've wanted the same games, and the store would have to purchase new copies to satisfy their customers. Telling people "I'll call you when its in" when its already 3 weeks late doesn't cut it, people will take their business elsewhere.

for reall?? in that case im good to go , thnx

yeah i found my recieipt for the games and its been more than 38 days ago

yup.. for real.. but if they want to get picky, i'm sure they can add enough admin. fees and other costs to get your balance over $100..

At least return the games.

Not returning them and not paying the balance is stealing, isn't it???

You rented them according to the rental contract and you did not meet your obligations.

No wonder its getting more expensive to do everything these days.... :wallbash:

Burt