Road Trip Day 3 and fishing

Big Cliff

Woke up this morning, the sun was shining and it was +6, what a beautiful day! Had a super breakfast then off to Bass Pro to pick up some tackle and bait then on to Apache Pier. The wind was a bit cool but I had dressed for it so all was good. Once I got setup it didn't long before I got the first hit but try as I might I couldn't get a hook set.

One of the locals came along and we started talking, he just happened to have some smaller hooks with him and offered me some and I changed up. Then it started, one after another, nothing big but the action was pretty steady, the fish were called whities by the locals and apparently they are great for eating and/or bait depending on their size. A couple of young boys were there and asked if they could have any that I didn't want so I was happy to help out.

I fished for a couple of hours and I lost count at about 50 fish but it sure was fun (sorry no pictures, Sue forgot the camera in the car). Tomorrow it is more pier fishing, hopefully I'll have some pictures to post tomorrow night.

Takes some pics of them tomorrow Big Cliff. Wonder what they are? Mullet? Did you get a copy of the South Carolina fishing regs? If in season get a few Sea Trout, great eating. Casting float, a few split shot, smaller hook and a live shrimp. About 3 foot lead. Caught a nice Bat Ray fishing for trout with the same setup. Good 20 minute fight on medium spinning gear. You can always eat the left over bait.

In Fla. Allowed 2 rods, one sits cast the other. They fight like mad, like well a trout. Glad your having fun, I should be down Fla. the first or so of Feb. Calling for -32 wind chill tomorrow.

Stay safe.