AHHHH The smell of cucumber

misfish

The fresh scent of cucumber was a nice change today. The stink of those pesky herring were starting to realy make my grabbing glove stink. LOL

Today was the day to try an old haunt that I use to get whitefish. I even bought a new jig,that was pretty close to the green monster (color wise) I have not been able to find in a few years. :wallbash: That jig was a white fish magnet.. :worthy:

Came across this little gem. It,s not a Rapala. It cost me $3 I bought two.LOL

002_zps1a4f7b20.jpg

As I watch it decend to the depths,I pause it at the 40 ft mark,50 and 60. As I just start to let it drop from the 60,this line barrels from 75 fow. It makes a bee to the jig. I stopped it,line is on it and wham. That was so cool to see.

The battle is on.

It was a fat whitie. It was bigger then I like to keep. As I dont freeze my fish. Cook fresh that day and would of been to much for the mrs,s and I.. So a quick pic,and back down the hole she went.

001_zps9340391d.jpg

Ahh the scent of cucumber. I love it.

Oh ya,it,s a slush pit out there. Some areas there was over a foot. Dam work out I could use though. :whistling:

The hooks are almost like the nils. Oh,and there aint no more of them. Tom only had a few,and they sold out fast.

Did I mention it was windy out there today? I hate wind,even in 0 temps. Decided to put the hub up. it was tricky. It almost got away from me. If it did,it would of made it,s way to Pefferlaw.LOL

After I got the first screw anchor in,then the second,it was COMFORTABLE. :D:P