I like it,electric augar

misfish

My 8in Fin-Bore III cuts through the ice like butter, no need to stop and clear anything no matter how thick the ice. The entire point of the auger is to clear all that cut ice up and away from the blades.

Removing debris from the hole as you drill deeper puts less strain on whatever (electric drill, gas engine, person) is drilling the hole whether it's ice, dirt, concrete, thick wood, etc. There is no need in most cases, but it makes it easier on you and whatever tool you're using.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Brian,

Have you taken the chuck off and fastened the ext. directly? It has a lefthand threaded screw that will allow you to fasten directly to the drill. That way you can eliminate the round plate. Easy to remove the chuck.

Rob C

Hey Brian,

Have you taken the chuck off and fastened the ext. directly? It has a lefthand threaded screw that will allow you to fasten directly to the drill. That way you can eliminate the round plate. Easy to remove the chuck.

Rob C

Hey Rob.

Ya I thought of that,but I also made an adapter for putting the ice screws in, so I need the chuck.

Make a chipper attachment for Terry's hammer drill.

Not a bad idea Glen. :good: