Broken choke switch on auger...

manitoubass2

Already, i know i know haha. Only owned it for 5-6 weeks and its run flawless, but the one complaint i read over and over again was the plastic switch. I was trying to show a local boy how to drill holes, and unfortunately he gave the cord a tug, lost his grip and dropped it. The switch broke maybe a 1/4", just to where it is a pain to turn the machine on, especially with gloves. What our your expert thoughts on repairing this? My first idea was very "redkneck" lol, gorilla glue a key to the switch for an easy solution. Problem is, if i break that heaven forbid, itll break the switch right off more than likely ill be left with a bigger problem. Second thought was remove the cover, drill a small hole through the switch, then tie some wire to it to pull up or down. I think this way might reduce the chance of further damage??? Thoughts? Its an eskimo 52" shark btw, and it was purchased used, no warranty

Edited by manitoubass2

Without a picture here is my idea. Drill a hole into the switch and put a piece of 1/8 inch brass dowel in it and glue it with a 2 part epoxy. Keep the dowel just long enough to flip with your gloves on.

Art

Call Ardisam and tell them the choke lever has broken and you need a new one.

They will most likely send you the parts.

I have one of the CT rebranded Makos and it broke before I even got to use it!!! :(

Way too much plastic on those augers.

Anyway, I called customer service and told them the issue and they immediately sent me 2 replacements in case I had another problem.

Good customer service from them.

http://www.ardisam.com/contactUs/

If I remember correctly the lady you want to talk to is Eva.

Edited by DRIFTER_016

like I just posted on another thread (and probably spammed some other threads a while back) ardisam has great customer service....service like that deserves recognition, they shipped express to me and even followed up with a voicemail to make sure I received and had no troubles installing

hard to beat service like that, I'd try calling them but in the short term just use pliers to adjust the switch

or you could just trim the plastic cover to allow easier finger access too?

If it's the plastic choke switch you are talking about, I feel your pain! At some point last year, mine snapped of as well. Fortunately there is just enough of the lever left, that I can move it with gloves on, but it's still a pain in the rear!

Good luck and do let us know how it worked out.

HH