Nipissing conditions.

Bernie

With the recent cold snap I thought the slush would get frozen, but if anything, it may be worse.

There really isn't a lot of snow, about a foot, but it has drifted deeper and heavy in some spots, raising the slush.

Trying to get off the beaten trails with anything but a snowmobile or a 4x4 pickup will be looking for trouble.
I towed some fellows driving a van out of a snow drift (no snow tires).

This is out in front of my place. Took a few elevated RPM's to get through it the first time, but it pushed through OK.
Went over it a few times to open it up a little.

P1040486_zps45f28b09.jpg

P1040487_zps70659caa.jpg

Same thing here Bernie, lots of slush on many of the lakes. Not fun if you get a sled burried in it. At least with an ATV if you don't get hung up you can chew your way through it.

Good on you for towing those poor fools out, kind of stupid for them to venture out without snow tires at least.

Really good conditions here at smittys both ice road and fish!

Just came back from smitty's this afternoon. Spend 2 full day fishing and 2 night. Can't say fishing was a blast. But each of us get at least 2 small eyes a day. This morning fishing definetely improved. Got 15 incher and lost another 4 fish on way up.

Dave - owner is really cool guy.

There is a few spots bad with slush on Calander Bay as well. It is fairly visible in daylight so not too hard to avoid. We caught another 6 walleye in 3 hours today but I was talking with a couple guys who landed 27 walleye today.

Stopped by your shack yesterday in the sled around 11. Guess you werent out yet. Our Cbay spot was a little slow but still quite good.

The mild temperatures and the rain yesterday will be beneficial for travel on Nip.
It knocked the snow down and brought up the slush. Once this freezes up it should make for easier going.
I wouldn't want to try going through this soup right now.

slush_zps8ba7851a.jpg

Driving home today on a well traveled ice road.

P1040490_zps64f8169e.jpg

Sounds great.. found that mine, buried in 22" of snow with the trailer behind, on Monday is an absolute piece of crap. Can't rock F / R to work your way out .. as the computer controlled shift and throttle won't let you throw it in reverse until the idle drops below 1000rpm. If you have the traction control turned on it just locks the wheels and kills the throttle for a no win situation... and then out comes the shovels!

Edited by irishfield

You need to disable the ABS in some way Wayne.

There are a few ways you can do this temporarily. Pull the ABS fuse or short the low level sensor on the brake fluid reservoir, pull a wire off of one of the wheel speed sensors.
PM me and we can go through some options for a switch hookup to do this

I can turn the T Control on and off... so I can spin the tires.. it's just the inability to throw it into reverse... just as you've nudged it forward at throttle that won't work. It has to idle down before it will go in reverse and there is no way to get a rocking rhythm going to get it moving.