New vehicle - NF NF NF

Rod Caster

Got tired of feeling like a marshmellow and working out of tincan so I traded in my trusty Mazda B4000 and got this: (not my photos, have a loaner phone with a crappy camera)

I'll miss the old 'Ranger' that loved getting beat up, but this Cherokee is even better offroad; the rear locks and the traction control can actually be turned off.

True-blood Jeepers are not big fans of the new looks and comfy interior...but for the price, there is nothing like it in its class.

ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1387163312_72753

KLcherokeeonrubicon-trail_zpsa75331fc.jp

ny-jeep-cherokee-10_1035_zps8e2a025d.jpg

user1041_pic177_1384204677_zps4b6e28e0.j

I miss the boxy looks of my old Cherokee and am waiting for them to realize they should drop a diesel power plant into the Patriot. It's that or I get the MB 250 Blue Tec cuz the Grand Cherokee is just stupid money.

They are puting the Blue Tec diesel in the Ram 1500 next year...can't see why they wouldn't eventually offer it in the Jeep with a 5 or 6 speed manual.

I just can't get over the looks, and that rear wheel up in the air pic doesn't speak very good for offroading, lol!

In person, the Trailhawk looks way better than any photo.. not a fan of the lesser models with lower bumpers. I wish they would have used a more traditional headlight design, but I didn't buy it strictly for the looks. The interior and fit/finish is really something else for it's class.

It's no Wrangler, that's for sure... but the locking rear and other off-road controls will beat nearly every other non-jeep SUV or even truck out there.

I guess the hut can go on the roof..... :whistling:

hahaha. The open bed is the only thing I miss of the Mazda. I asked the salesman if it came with a snowmobile-compatible roof rack.

Congratulations, I think it's a good choice.
I'm really not a chrysler fan, but this and the forester are my favorite suv... pretty sure in the sommer I'll get the cherokee trailhawk 2.4.
Just wish they had a real red one.
Your trailhawk, with 2.4 or 3.2V6?

It's a 3.2L. For the very minimal gas savings and the almost 100hp drop in power (trailhawks are heavier), the I4 didn't seem like a great option. It was my first choice, but I instead decided to pay cash for the $1,200 upgraded V6.

I've never been a chrysler fan, but this Jeep stands out and so do the discounts!

REALLY ??? This is very interesting. My wife is open to the idea of a pick up as well...

Yup, that sealed my decision NOT to buy a 1500 this year.

Yes you can lock in 4lo with rear locking diff as well. Full traction off as well. It's a capable system...better than most trucks unless they come with lockers.

Not sure if it default's to FWD..?? I know that some models are FWD only, but I would think that the Trailhawk is RWD bias...good question, let me do some burnouts and I'll let ya know.