Vaughan power outage. Will my water heater work?

fisher

Depends on the model. If it is the old conventional type with a standing pilot, then it will still fire. If it is power vented with an ignition system and ventor motor...not so much!

In my case, I have the old style, but my water is pumped from a well. I'm out of luck! Also, if I shower in the basement, I would have no waste pump to pump it up to the septic. Screwed again!

Go down and turn it up... if it comes on you are good, all water heaters are vented otherwise you would be putting CO2 and CO into our house.

Direct Energy.... :angry: ... they were at my house ONCE... never again, their prices are horrendous and the work they do... I have nothing nice to say and well my neighbour threw them out when they were working on his furnace a couple years ago.

Edited by mosquito

Pretend you live in the bush, or in my Mother's case as a kid and my uncle up until he burnt the house down on Glamour Lake around 1985.. boil some water on the stove (or BBQ) and have a sponge bath if you need to bathe that badly.

Sponge bath..bah..just wiggle your way through the snowbank barebutt..be a man. :w00t:

Really? I was told by another member to be careful what I say! It has a Powervent therefore it requires hydo! If you had a conventional water heater you would be fine till it ran out! !! Gas is Gas!

Anyways tomorrow you will be fine1 Hydro will be back on!

flip

Edited by flippin