A fall from grace (the Duck Dynasty)

redpearl99

That same excuse can be used for pedophiles and bestiality. Im sure you will say that their sexual preferences are a choice. I dont see the difference. Feeling a certain way, and acting are two different things.

Plain and simple, they are all choices.

It wasnt very long ago that bring gay was socially unacceptable, and considered wrong by 90% of the population. Now that it is acceptable by a larger portion, how dare anyone share their opinion on it, unless it is in agreement.

Everyones sense of self entitlement and rights these days is absolutely pathetic. Prime example being the Prostitution laws that were just struck down because it violated the rights of the prostitutes... Seriously?

That same excuse can be used for pedophiles and bestiality. Im sure you will say that their sexual preferences are a choice. I dont see the difference. Feeling a certain way, and acting are two different things.

Plain and simple, they are all choices.

It wasnt very long ago that bring gay was socially unacceptable, and considered wrong by 90% of the population. Now that it is acceptable by a larger portion, how dare anyone share their opinion on it, unless it is in agreement.

Everyones sense of self entitlement and rights these days is absolutely pathetic. Prime example being the Prostitution laws that were just struck down because it violated the rights of the prostitutes... Seriously?

The fact that you are comparing homosexuality to bestiality and pedophilia is absolutely ridiculous. There is a reason why everyone in society agrees the latter two are despicable acts.... because children and animals cannot consent to sex. On the other hand, what two consenting gay adults want to do does not affect anyone. I couldnt care less what 2 gay dudes want to do in the privacy of their own home.

The fact that you also bring up the recent prostitution case also shows me you have not read the decision and are just typing based on your own morality and not facts. There is a reason why all three levels of court and 9-0 unanimous decision by the supreme court said that current prostitution laws are unconstitutional... because as much as it may shock you, prostitutes are humans too and have the right to protect themselves and not be murdered. The court's decision was really a no-brainer and was based on the law and not on religious morality.... the way it should be with our impartial judiciary

Edited by redpearl99

The fact that you are comparing homosexuality to bestiality and pedophilia is absolutely ridiculous. There is a reason why everyone in society agrees the latter two are despicable acts....

The fact that you also bring up the recent prostitution case also shows me you have not read the decision and are just typing based on your own morality and not facts. There is a reason why all three levels of court and 9-0 unanimous decision by the supreme court said that current prostitution laws are unconstitutional... because as much as it may shock you, prostitutes are humans too and have the right to protect themselves and not be murdered. The court's decision was really a no-brainer and was based on the law and not on religious morality.... the way it should be with our impartial judiciary

It wasnt long ago that homosexuality was considered a despicable act as well. What exactly has changed?

If there were no prostitutes to begin with, they wouldnt need protection from anything would they? Instead of cracking down and dealing with the source if the problem, they are catering to the rights of criminals.

Edited by Bladeburner

It wasnt long ago that homosexuality was considered a despicable act as well. What exactly has changed?

What has changed? A realization that love , heck even lust, between the same sex is not despicable or sinful. It harms nobody, it simply threatens an anachronistic view of the world embedded in a particular socio/economic/political discourse of western society.

Religious and political threads aren't supposed to be allowed on this fishing forum. lol

They are left up to increase page views i guess. Anyways....

About 10 percent of people are born that gay way.

Prostitutes have been around forever. Usually from low income or tragic situations.

The thing is to be kind to all of Gods children...lol

Some powerful organizations continue to spread their psychological disease (Jo-Ho's, Scientology, other religions, even big corporations)

to keep the peeps timid while they scoop the money for their already rich, hypocritical leaders.

Religion on fishing forum... gotta love it.

Roy.is our OFC uncle Si.

BYE gawd,, they could be twins,,I could never tell them a part.

Well the beard might . :D

Roy can make me laugh as much as Si.

IMO,Thats two COOL FRIGG,N DUDES.

I didnt swear..

Ok I did,but didnt type it.

:w00t:

Edited by Misfish

More like 2 % for Canada per wikipedia.

They have done many studies and even had the census question and according to Stats Can.

The Canadian Community Health Survey (CCHS), Cycle 2.1, was the first Statistics Canada survey to include a question on sexual orientation.

• 1.1% — The percentage of Canadians aged 18 to 59 who reported in 2009 that they consider themselves to be homosexual (gay or lesbian).
  • 0.9% — The percentage of Canadians aged 18 to 59 who reported in 2009 that they consider themselves to be bisexual.

The 10% is a fictional number usually put out by those ignorant of sexuality studies or with an agenda I find.

Edited by mosquito

while 10% is not correct, it was not put out by those ignorant of sexuality studies. It was actually put out by the godfather of sexuality studies, Alfred Kinsey. His 1950s study showed 10% of his subjects were homosexual. Unfortunately, his subjects were prisoners and we know there's a lot of man love in there.

They have done many studies and even had the census question and according to Stats Can.

The Canadian Community Health Survey (CCHS), Cycle 2.1, was the first Statistics Canada survey to include a question on sexual orientation.

• 1.1% — The percentage of Canadians aged 18 to 59 who reported in 2009 that they consider themselves to be homosexual (gay or lesbian).
  • 0.9% — The percentage of Canadians aged 18 to 59 who reported in 2009 that they consider themselves to be bisexual.

The 10% is a fictional number usually put out by those ignorant of sexuality studies or with an agenda I find.

There goes the fun of this thread.

%,,,,,,,,,Whats that?

while 10% is not correct, it was not put out by those ignorant of sexuality studies. It was actually put out by the godfather of sexuality studies, Alfred Kinsey. His 1950s study showed 10% of his subjects were homosexual. Unfortunately, his subjects were prisoners and we know there's a lot of man love in there.

Kinsey also apparently did not distinguish between behaviour and preference, the figure he came up with as lifelong was 4% and I understand there was also an issue with the population of his study. It has been years and I forget the details but especially in that time if you look at areas like San Francisco and the cities with gay bath house districts you would see higher percentages. Those bath house districts are the same ones that HIV was eventually traced back to and from there its eventual spread.

Kinsey also apparently did not distinguish between behaviour and preference, the figure he came up with as lifelong was 4% and I understand there was also an issue with the population of his study. It has been years and I forget the details but especially in that time if you look at areas like San Francisco and the cities with gay bath house districts you would see higher percentages. Those bath house districts are the same ones that HIV was eventually traced back to and from there its eventual spread.

was there monkeys and chemists in those " bathhouses" lol. Like HIV just Appeared outta nowhere

Ok, you are now conflating different myths across different decades to try and argue that homosexuality is wrong/evil/sinful, this is like the nonsense spewed out by FOX 'news'.

First off, arguing about what percentage of any population is homosexual has no relevance whatsoever on the right/wrong/sinfulness of homosexuality.

Secondly, being homosexual does lead to a weakened immune system. The research shows that the disease originated in primates and jumped species, HOMOSEXUALS DID NOT START AIDS!

In fact it could be argued that perpetuation of this myth in fact has caused more incidence of the disease among straight people believing they are immune from infection, there is how its spreading!!

I could quote man, many studies, not least that of my mother who is Head Department at the University College of London, UK (Anthropolgy) that analyze and study the spread of AIDS among different populations globally…..all of which would show that your conclusions are at best naive and ill informed and at worst ignorant, cynical and dangerous.

Next thing you will be arguing is that the 'flat' world is only 4000 years old, fossils were a put there as some kind of Divine hoax, and anyway, who cares whether Adam had a belly button or not!

COME ON!

Edited by limeyangler

was there monkeys and chemists in those " bathhouses" lol. Like HIV just Appeared outta nowhere

No... it originated in Africa through the eating of chimps, probably in the butchering, the original person that brought it to the west and launched the rapid spread was traced back to a gay man from Quebec that frequented gay bars and bath houses and I believe was refered to as patient 0 (zero).

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/10/01/scientists-trace-the-orig_n_131056.html

Okay let`s go down the HIV road...the two Wikipedia experts can enlighten us with their blah blah!!! :sleeping_02: :sleeping_02: :sleeping_02:

Wikipedia.... who would bother with it except maybe as a list of real sources for a start, knowlege by commitee seldom has much truth left.

Ok, you are now conflating different myths across different decades to try and argue that homosexuality is wrong/evil/sinful, this is like the nonsense spewed out by FOX 'news'.

First off, arguing about what percentage of any population is homosexual has no relevance whatsoever on the right/wrong/sinfulness of homosexuality.

Secondly, being homosexual does lead to a weakened immune system. The research shows that the disease originated in primates and jumped species, HOMOSEXUALS DID NOT START AIDS!

In fact it could be argued that perpetuation of this myth in fact has caused more incidence of the disease among straight people believing they are immune from infection, there is how its spreading!!

I could quote man, many studies, not least that of my mother who is Head Department at the University College of London, UK (Anthropolgy) that analyze and study the spread of AIDS among different populations globally…..all of which would show that your conclusions are at best naive and ill informed and at worst ignorant, cynical and dangerous.

Next thing you will be arguing is that the 'flat' world is only 4000 years old, fossils were a put there as some kind of Divine hoax, and anyway, who cares whether Adam had a belly button or not!

COME ON!

There were many myths and still are many about the disease, they have tracked it back atleast 70 years but the end result is that the patient zero is recorded as having slept with over 1,000 men (many after he knew about the infection) and from that point is spread among the homosexual population and then continued to spread through bi-sexual and heterosexual sex, prostitution increased the spread rapidly in Africa and Asia. So what where her conclusions that differ from mine?

Come now... you can't honestly believe the universe popped out of nothing and that enzymes, proteins, DNA, cell membranes can for by chance, even the die hard hate-thiest like Richard Dawkins talks about Pan-spermia now and even Christopher Hitchen's brother became a Christian after he decided to open his mind. If you actually do and are capable of understanding more than basic science my I suggest John Polkinhorne (Prof. of theoretical Physics) and Alister McGrath (PHd Molecular Bio-Physics) if not then Josh McDowell is probably a better book he keeps it at a simpler level.

Edited by mosquito