Merry Christmas to All of the Mods

mercman

I kinda came into this forum high strung and off the wall. Got in with a rowdy bunch(great friends BTW :rolleyes: ) and ended up getting Mod Q'ed, banned and disciplined.

I'm glad to say that I have settled down some, and today consider all of the Moderators here, my friends. I have watched this forum develop over the short time I have been here, and it is my opinion that their efforts and tolerance has kept this place, the best of it's kind on the Web.

I have learned much about the sport since becoming a member here. I am still kinda off the wall, fudge some of the fundamentals of fishing etiquette, and sometimes say things I regret, but I am a work in progress, and with the help of the Mods and the great members here, I am improving. :good:

Now for the rest of you guys :D

I have become friends with many of you. Watched some of you go through terrible times that would have brought me to my knees. Shared some of my own strife with some of you, and been consoled in PM messages by so many at times, that I was left mouth agape and damp eyed. I am truly grateful for the support and well wishes from all of you. I have been smoke free since January, and this is largely due to support from members here, and after sharing my sobriety openly here, there are at least 2 members sober today because of that. 2013 has been an incredible year for me. I haven't gotten out fishing as often as previous years, but that's fine...I have a wonderful new lady in my life (who likes fishing as it turns out) and I can say that I am happier than ever.

So Happy Holidays to all of you. I have smiled, laughed, cried, and prayed with you often. Lets hope 2014 will find us all healthy and happy.

This place ROCKS !!!!! :santa:

Thanks for the note it is the reason I spend my time money and efforts to help my many friends who I have met here over the years. If it helps even the Mod's are taken aside by each other to straighten out some of our own views. Why I remember the last time we physically spanked T.J. we voted to never do it again it seems he likes it..... go figure.lol

Art

Great Post Paul! You forgot to mention your very helpful nature! I'm sure you have helped a lot more than just myself over the past year.

Many thanks to the Mods as well. I imagine there are many ups and downs with these message boards, but we do appreciate what you do!

Merry Christmas to all!

A very nice post Sir. I would also like to extend by best wishes to all. 13' has been a fairly good year for us. When there are more weddings than funerals that's a good year in my books. A big scare in 2012 with my wifes health, all is well today. Only a few follow ups for the bladder cancer and all is well on that front. Any year I only have 1 orthopedic tune up is a good year.

Fishing was great at times, lucky enough to be able to do some.

Mom and Dad celebrated 60 years together and their health is as good as it can at 86 and 84, how can they be married 60 years, I'm 61?????? Mom didn't think that funny at the party.

Thanks to the folks here that have had to read my never ending posts where I can digress at the touch of a key. Thanks for making a newbie feel welcome and not an outsider, unlike many sites.

Thank you Joey for trying to explain how to post a jpeg and explain a fishing tournament that happens a thousand miles apart on different bodies of water all at the same time.

Merry Christmas to all and the best for a New Year that is very near.

Special thank you to all the moderators that take their time and do a thankless job for zero pay that no one wants.

Johnny D

Selkirk On.