"Police and thieves in da street…….." R.I.P. Junior Murvin

limeyangler

The whole Clash sound was their intepretation of the reggae that was being played at the clubs in England in the 70's.

The Police too were almost exclusively a reggae inspired band, Blondie also pumped out a few tunes of that ilk. The stuff i loved from the seventies and eighties also inspired the whole Ska, Skinhead, Rudeboy/2Tone fashion/music scenes of my childhood. The group 'Madness' or 'The Specials' would be the mainstream face of those groups. Just a wicked time to have been growing up. In the same schoolyard you would see….Punks, Goths, Numanoids, Rockabillies, Teddy Boys, Psychobillies, Smoothies/Casuals, New Roamantics, Rude Boys, Skinheads, Soul Boys…….boy was it a time of TRIBES!

The Police too were almost exclusively a reggae inspired band, Blondie also pumped out a few tunes of that ilk. The stuff i loved from the seventies and eighties also inspired the whole Ska, Skinhead, Rudeboy/2Tone fashion/music scenes of my childhood. The group 'Madness' or 'The Specials' would be the mainstream face of those groups. Just a wicked time to have been growing up. In the same schoolyard you would see.Punks, Goths, Numanoids, Rockabillies, Teddy Boys, Psychobillies, Smoothies/Casuals, New Roamantics, Rude Boys, Skinheads, Soul Boys.boy was it a time of TRIBES!

no skaters???? Lol. I like reggae inspired music. Always a good vibe and usually socially conscience. I didnt know the fella you mentioned, but R.I.P.