late season, cold weather bassin' report w/ pics

chris.brock

UBfishin gave me some cold water, late season bassin' tips so I loaded up the 4 wheeler and headed into the bush.

I grumped at my wife in the summer for getting hung up on this rock twice, once on the trip in, then again on the way out, today was my turn

100_2774_zpsf1eebd25.jpg

Damn!, stuck again, I broke a sweat while trying to get the bike out, not a good idea on a cold day

100_2777_zps9054363f.jpg

I knew Cam was about a 1/2 hour behind me with a winch and a cable so no worries

100_2778_zps46896106.jpg

lots of water in the creeks and ponds, the lakes in Haliburton are at record levels for this time of the year

100_2775_zps23283591.jpg

A beautiful day for fishing, the camera froze and didn't work during the period of time when we caught all the 4 to 6 pounders (Hahaha)

100_2780_zps3838fdfe.jpg

the only thing worse than warm beer is frozen solid beer

100_2779_zps14143a8b.jpg

there's a tree blown down over the trail

"no problem, don't bother with you bow saw Cam, I'll just bush crash around it"

Man Down!

100_2782_zps67ca0fb8.jpg

Edited by chris.brock

That last photo is dramatic! haha. You didn't use a rock to put it out of it's misery did you? jk jk jk.

no, I didn't use the rock throwing technique, I could have because there was nobody around though

it did happen, the ATV wheelied and I fell off the back, covered my head waiting for it to land on me, I finally looked up and it had stayed vertical, we then staged the last pic, hahaha

Some hardcore trailblazing there Chris. Great shot with the flurries in the backround. Good to hear the lake levels are up.

thanks FF

Yep that looks like a whole lotta fun. Time to get out the bravo

for sure, it looks like it won't be long until the bravo will be the mode of transportation

Nice report. I like reading yours I can relate somewhat to the stuck pics lol. It sucks but you'll know better next time ( just don't go tellin the miss') Sure as hell looks cold though. Good on you guys for bravin it :)

thanks, not a spectacular day but more fun than putting around the cottage for sure, glad we went

Great fun,and a few fish!!

good fun but no fish