Pigeon Today

cowanjo

Very strange day not another boat out there, Water temp 44.6 - getting close to freezing - saw a couple of nice musky but no takers. Will chase again tomorrow. Anyone with any thoughts PM me - north End.

Found totally green cabbage which was really odd as well given water temp

Anyone else out tomorrow let me know we can work together.

Anyone with any thoughts PM me - north End.

This time of year I like big weighted twitch baits worked slowly John.

Slow cranked Jakes and Believers are also good in cold water.

This is assuming your casting.

Edited by lew

ditto what raf said. Once the water is in the 40's troll something that dives 20 feet in 19 to 21 feet of water! Get a good long leader so you don't fray your line especially if there any zebra mussels up there. If you are marking fish in deeper water (say 30 feet) I use a big storm jig while my buddy uses a bondy

Edited by Rizzo

I throw a twitch bait for sure - John

A bait that's neutral buoyant works really well this time of year John.

A few long slow twitches then let it just hang for a few seconds, then start twitching again. They'll normally hit right after the pause.

Edited by lew

Had a place around there for nearly 20 yrs. and fished it till closing or ice.

Found slow trolling 8 -10 inch perch or walleye finish Jakes or Believers over the 40 - 55 ft. depths produced.

When a little shallower 20 - 30 ft. the Perch Super Shad Rap worked well.

The musky are hanging around trying to pick off the little walleye, perch that go into that deepest water at this time of year.

Dress warm, have a thermos of coffee and troll.

Thanks I know the 55 and the reefs - not many spots like that in pigeon north end , not really a troller but will give it a go. Lew I assume your talking suicks,hose or phantom. I had the heater and coffee today - they really were alergic to rubber today. we will also try some jigging again out from the reefs rights on the bottom, I know craig has had some sucess with that pattern

I have been having luck dragging small 3" twister tails in the deeper water and outfishing my fishing partner 4-0. He was using the traditional muskie baits. Give it a try if there is a bit of a chop and you can drift over your favourite spots, you might be pleasantly surprised. Keep the bait as close to the bottom as you can.

I was out there this weekend.. did north Pigeon on Sunday... and not a sniff. In fact, we didn't see a fish all weekend. First time both my buddy and I combined for a solid weekend skunking in a long time including no sightings. Makes you feel crazy for duking it out all weekend in that for nothing lol, not even a follow to add a piece to the puzzle.

The fish were definitely off this weekend compared to the last few weeks. Tough to see follows with the conditions this weekend but thought I'd at least see a few. Tough weekend! Next weekend is looking a bit better weather wise.

Hey guys,

I fished Pigeon on Sunday as well. We didn't do as well as I had hoped, but we managed two fish. Both came on pounders, and both came from about 25 fow, and right off bottom. After a 4 fish day on G Bay, on Saturday, I was really thinking we were gonna get em on Sunday, but the weather didn't cooperate.