Bay of Quinte boat ramps

big daddy

Got a new (for me) boat set up for walleye fishing - so where do I go? Bay of Quinte sounds hard to beat.

I'm trying to plan a trip to BOQ before freeze up and will probably be staying in Picton, so can anyone tell me where the decent boat ramps with parking are in the area? Thx.

Try this link. :)
https://www.google.ca/maps/preview#!q=Store+St%2C+Prince+Edward%2C+ON&data=!4m15!2m14!1m13!1s0x89d7ca4d2dd2009b%3A0xae201a9822928a26!3m8!1m3!1d3135!2d-77.1349982!3d44.0099688!3m2!1i1538!2i839!4f13.1!4m2!3d44.0098761!4d-77.1352877

***Do not park by the hotel, people have been ticketed previous years***
Please be mindful of other boat owners, the ramp can get extremely busy.

isn't the ramp beside tip of the bay still there, it was a good ramp. just has to watch where you park

and don't lock your keys in the truck

LOL.. unless you have a couple of well trained lads from the Ottawa Valley on hand to break in anyhow! Ramp definitely still there.. just don't park in the Tip's parking lot!

There is also the launch at Glenora right where the ferry crosses as well as McFarland conservation area and there is pryners east of pic ton as well and you can launch also over by bath !! Now listen closely !!!! The water level is down big time and most of the ramps have big drops at the end and guys are hanging up their trailers !!! Be careful !!!! I have crossed on the ferry many times and launched right there for years but depending on what direction the wind is Comming that can be an unpleasant place too !!!!! Or you can launch in deseronto and make the run down long reach !!!! Have you ever been to the BOQ before as it can get nasty in the fall down there quickly ?? If you need any more info you can shoot me a pm !!!!

The best ramp at BOQ is the ramp least affected by that day's wind. Simply put, there are a number of ramps available, but you must choose the right location based on the wind that day.

Another option to consider is the ramp on the north shore of Hay Bay. That ramp "typically" can be used most of the time as it is somewhat sheltered from the predominate west/northwest wind. Lost of parking and I believe a $5.00 honour system.

Where you launch is also determined by the time of year you are fishing. Late November into December, you will most likely be fishing up-stream from the ferry... one line out per angler.

HH

We camped at Bass Cove Park for our annual spring Quinte trip for many many years and they've got a decent dirt ramp but I'm not sure when they close for the season.

Take the Adolphus Hiway a couple miles east of the ferry dock and turn north on hiway 8, then go 1 mile north to Dorland.

The camp is on your left side.