Added A New Rod To The Musky Arsenal

bigbuck

Swung by Fishing World this morning to pick up a couple of musky leaders this morning. Saw the new Fenwick Elite Tech Musky Glass Trolling rod. 8ft6in, heavy with a mod fast action. Nice looking rod and it felt better in my hand than the St Croix Premier which was more than twice as expensive. For 90 bucks I figured what the heck, I have a spare trolling reel so I bought it. I will be trying it out this weekend on Pigeon for the annual Musky tourney with the boyz. I will be in my beige Larson fish in ski bowrider if there are any OFNrs around the north end of the lake (Lew). Say hi. I will report on the new rod and the fishing. I'm kinda forced to do more trolling now since I don't have the same oompf I did pre chemo.

if there are any OFNrs around the north end of the lake (Lew). Say hi.

Have a great day Bruce and good luck with the new fish'n pole.

I haven't been on Pigeon yet this year and have no plans on it this week either, but ya never know when plans may change.

Lew, unfortunately I had to head back yesterday afternoon. I was hoping to spend one more night and fish the Green Acres tourney today. I was going to try to pop in and see you last night. Anyways, all I got for my efforts was a 27incher and a busted skeg out by Hurricane pt. ALL the rocks are not marked on the charts. Its not too bad just chewed up a bit. The Fenwick trolling rod works great. I tried several different lures with it and it pulls them no problem and feels nice. I just need to try it out on a 50+incher to really see what it can handle.

Would have been good to see you again Bruce, it's been awhile.

Surprised to hear the Green Acre tourney is still on as I thought they did away with it quite a few years back.

My bud and I fished it 7 or 8 years ago and had a great day. Funny thing was though, we never got a decent fish all day in the tourney, but after it was over and we were running back to the boat ramp at the north end of the lake, we decided to stop in a bay and fish awhile longer and I boated 3 nice ones in less than an hour.

I think the musky gods were messing around with me that day :lol: