Hockey thread 2013 2014 season

muskymatt

keeping it up into the 3rd... 3-1 6:48 remaining leafs just killed a penalty and get a power play, and I can't say it enough TRADE FRANSONNN numerous screw ups that have caused near goals if not for bernier

Trade Franson for who? He's doing so much better this year, they'd be crazy to trade him. Every d man has screw ups, the last thing you wanna do is go crazy and start making trades just because.

Edited by BillM

franson has his ups and downs as does every d pairing, but his consistency in not giving a full effort is glaring in the screwups he makes over and over last night there was at least 5 dumb mistakes or plays he made that could've ended up in the back of the net if not for bernier or someone else saving his bacon

Plus/minus can be a very deceiving stat. It doesn't factor for quality of opposition, quality of your own line-mates or the role of a player.

That isn't meant as a defence (or criticism) of Franson or anyone else. Just something to be considered.

On another note, if a player is so awful why bother trading them? You would only get a near equally awful player in return,

On another note, if a player is so awful why bother trading them? You would only get a near equally awful player in return,

Addition by subtraction.

Don't know what games the Franson lovers have been watching but the guy is brutal, easily leads the d-core in bone headed plays.

At least earlier in the season when Ranger was being thrashed it was clear he at least had some hockey IQ, but his footspeed was lacking.

No excuse for Franson.

His breakout passes are scary. He'll stand there like a statue behind his net then 9 out of ten times slap a super long pass through a maze of players, most times giving the puck away.

He's big, but as soft as butter.

When pressured in his own end he almost always fires the puck blindly around the boards where it's intercepted.

I could go on.

The kid has a blazing slapshot from the point, easily the best on the team, but that's it.

I'd prefer my defensemen actual defend once in a while, especially when we already have Reilly and Gardiner.

I want him gone, can't stand him. I'd rather see one of the Marlie kids play instead.

Edited by Mike Borger

Don`t see why he can`t with the absolutely stellar goaltending the Leafs are coming up against lately....Varmalov 3 goals on 10 shots nice!!!

It`s exhilarating when your getting outshot and you lead 4-0!!!

18-18 are the shots.