Hockey thread 2013 2014 season

muskymatt

I dont get it..Why after such a HUGE stinker on Sat night did Bernier get the nod yet again..Reims must have pissed off coach Randy something bad. Orr is a one man hitting machine out there tonight...Wow

Yes Dion tipped it..At the blue line..Bernie had all kinds of time to stop that..Weak..All but one goal tonight was weak. Man Coach Randy is ticking me off big time..I dont like his choices at all...

Did Panuf just score on his own net again? :clapping::w00t::rofl2:

And that folks, is the laffs have no players in the Olympics :rofl2::w00t::stretcher:

Bwahaha...

Said it before and I suppose Ill have to say it again..Back away from the Crack pipe Matt.. There are many leafs in the Olympics...You may want to do some research there bud..Maybe its the bong water your drinking, but wow

Doesn't matter, he directs more pucks at his own net than the opposition. I agree 3 of the goals were really soft. Not sure why Reimer wasn't started after the crappy game against the rangers. Thought that was the plus side to having two great tenders

Ive been purposely avoiding this thread because i don't want aggravate my Blood pressure, but watching the Leafs as of late has that affect on my BP anyways.

What the hell is going on with them ???

I wonder if anyone keeps a stat on how many goals Phaneuf has scored on his own team (via deflections) since he has joined the Leafs, and how that compares with other players nhl wide. It just seems I have seen so many goals go in off him over the last few years and thats gotta make it frustrating for the goalie.

When its 5 on 5 and they get trapped in their own end why do the Leafs collapse to a small box ?? why do the wingers collapse and not cover the points ? it seems so obvious but hey im just a frustrated fan .... !!!

no big point shots, no jam plays , no aggression in front of net ... Kessels 30ft wrist shots aren't going to cut every night, everybody knows VanRiemsdyks cute little play off the side of the net now, so stop trying it !!!!

They are not even close to the caliber of the Pens, Canucks and Bruins

Just my frustrated 2 cents ...

as i mentioned a few weeks back ....

why does this guy get paid more than a top defenceman like Zdeno Chara ?

Not being silly at all ...

On a shot from outside of the blue line you don't have to be a professional hockey player to know not to put your stick in front of it , I think i would have confidence in my goalie to stop the puck. Last year he put 3 goals in 1 game past Reimer.

Stuff like that plays havoc with a Goalies confidence .... Cherry always reinforces his point that defencemen block shots with the body not with your stick, let the goalie handle the shot. If they had that goal back the game might have had a better outcome.

Like I said , pucks go in off players all the time I know, but Phanuef is ridiculous , i wonder if anyone keeps stats on this stuff.