Hockey thread 2013 2014 season

muskymatt

All would be picked by me before price.

Ah,got ya.

Marty is starting to show his age this year. It,s not a old guys games now.LOL

This will be his last season. IMO,Best goalie of all time.

After the 70,s anyways.LOL

Edited by Misfish

While I am not a huge PK fan he is a very good player....I think he will be fine in the Olympic format and he will understand what his role is!!!

Depends on which 'Subban' shows up.... that's the problem with him, he's not consistent at all.

Now would you say that if Price was the LAFSS goalie?

Exactly....I think most of the bias against Subban and Price is more about the uniform they wear rather than their skill level.

At the end of the day arguments can be made for and against a lot of the players selected...I hope that the managers picked the right team and that team will be good enough to bring home a gold medal!!!

Depends on which 'Subban' shows up.... that's the problem with him, he's not consistent at all.

I hear you Bill he has me swearing at my TV frequently

But I am confident that the staff will help him understand that he is playing with the best players in the world and not a bunch of guys named Joe!!! and in that scenario less is more!!!

In the last 2 seasons price finished dead last in the conference and then in a short season was hammered by an awful, and inferior team, in the first round of the play-offs. He has not shown me that he has what it takes to be a top 3 Canadian goalie.

I feel the same about the Leafs as well,it's just Reimer and Bernier that have them were they are.The shot count will end up burying the leafs if they don't start scoring.Having said that Bernier and Reimer could realistically had a chance to make the team.But there short term success ,probably weren't even looked at.

In the last 2 seasons price finished dead last in the conference and then in a short season was hammered by an awful, and inferior team, in the first round of the play-offs. He has not shown me that he has what it takes to be a top 3 Canadian goalie.

I think Price has reached his top level and it is now behind him, at least with the habs. The Sens pounded not only Price, but the team as a whole. Awful, is a matter of opinion, your opinion! Based on the fact you have been rooting for a laffable team that has no excuse for the last 48 years performance, your opinion, and ability to recognize talent means nothing is completely dismissed!

Now go and look at the Keon and Pulford posters in your room to make yourself feel better!

Edited by muskymatt

Ah,got ya.

Marty is starting to show his age this year. It,s not a old guys games now.LOL

This will be his last season. IMO,Best goalie of all time.

After the 70,s anyways.LOL

I love watching clips of the 70's and the goalies in particular, but the goaltending was nothing like it is now. Watch some clips the showdown show they used to do during the intermissions on CBC. I have fond memories of 70's and early 80's hockey but the game has changed so much (equipment, training, depth) it really is apples to oranges.

I love watching clips of the 70's and the goalies in particular, but the goaltending was nothing like it is now. Watch some clips the showdown show they used to do during the intermissions on CBC. I have fond memories of 70's and early 80's hockey but the game has changed so much (equipment, training, depth) it really is apples to oranges.

Agreed.

I love how some of the goaltenders back then flopped around like crazy to make brilliant saves, like all the time. Another thing i miss was goalies coming out 12-15ft to challenge a slap shot. Or how about the 80's early 90's where it was commonplace for a shot to be heading 2ft wide of the net, only for the goaltender do the splits to make a miraculous stop, hahaha. I loved it all

I am not clear on what you say about finishing last in the conference the last two full seasons...2011-12 Mtl had the 5th best GAA in the conference hardly Prices fault they finished last in the conference. In the previous season Mtl finished 6th in the conference and again had the 5th best GAA.

In the shortened season Mtl finished second in the conference and again had the 5th best GAA granted everything fell apart in the playoffs against Ottawa but again tough to blame that solely on Price as was not 100% healthy and missed the final game.

I am not clear on what you say about finishing last in the conference the last two full seasons...2011-12 Mtl had the 5th best GAA in the conference hardly Prices fault they finished last in the conference. In the previous season Mtl finished 6th in the conference and again had the 5th best GAA.

In the shortened season Mtl finished second in the conference and again had the 5th best GAA granted everything fell apart in the playoffs against Ottawa but again tough to blame that solely on Price as was not 100% healthy and missed the final game.

Poor sentence structure on my part. I was referring to the last 2 seasons.

If Canada plays for gold it's 7 games. A hot goalie means any of 5-6 teams could win this. I don't like price on the big ice in a short tournament over many other options. Not surprisingly, there are others who feel differently.