Weddings and Fishing

vance

It is funny and sad to read about fisher-hunter guys talking about how the big event screws up that season.A good friend of mine spent a whole year figuring out the perfect date so that it wouldn't interfere with either.Guess what -son #1 came along before pickeral opening and now 8 years later he is BEGGING me to help find a small boat to take the kids fishing even though he doesn't have time to go with me even if we take the kids.

And I have to admit the ex didn't like fishing so for 15 years i didn't get to go and my son has never been in my boat and never been fishing at all-sigh. Another good friend has owned a cottage for 15 years and never gets to go fishing and his son is asking why he never took him fishing (to busy working on the cottage-Taj Mahal).

What am I trying to say - fishing is the perfect way to spend family time It is just that not everyone knows that. The best times I had as a kid where fishing with my parents so remember to take your kids fishing no matter what.

vance

HI,

No doubt on this one! Just getting out together is as much of it as anything ... at this stage, my son actually spends little of the time actually fishing ... more is spent playing with baits, minnnows, any fish that may be in the livewell, beeps the horn, asks grandpa and I questions ... great stuff :clapping::clapping:

Of course, being single, I won't talk too smart :dunno:

Pete

Couldn't agree with you more Vance!!! My dad took the time to teach me how to fish when I was young. I'll never forget just hanging out with him on the docks pulling in panfish all day long. Here's a pic of my two brothers and my dad...back around 1975.

med_gallery_60_23_3694.jpg

Now that I'm older...my dad is no longer with us, but I love spending time with my kids fishing. I want them to have the same kind of memories that I have growing up....

Me and my youngest....her first fish of 2007....

syddad.jpg

My teenaged daughter....

mandafishing.jpg

Family fishing is defiantly a creation of the gods. I have been fishing with my best buddy (my son) for years. He has loved fishing since he was about four and now umpteen years later he still wants to get out on the water with dad as often as we can.

Gotta love it

I have pictures of me and my dad fishing 50 years ago and I can still remember every fish we caught -okay I caught and he took off the rockies and put a new worm on- but to this day I am not sure who had more FUN :D:D

vance

my soon to be wife isnt a fishing fan at all, but she does like the fact that me and my soon to be stepson both enjoy the outdoors, it is a chance for us to do some bonding, and i know in the future that it will always be something that we have in common even when the terrible teens hit. i go on a 10 day trip to norhern ontario every year, she knows that it is part of me, and its not going to change. she is ok with it but says when the boys get big enough i have to take them with me. I CANT WAIT untill that day comes. i look forward and cherrish the day we go on our first canadian outing together.

jason